Best way to remove Dead Flies on paintwork

Brett Butler

Reaction score
Website
www,brettbutler.co.uk
I hate washing card full stop, but having a Black one it always looks dirty, so since I have had it have washed it a few times.

If I had a fast wash dry routine would be happy to do it more often. I am quite happy to wash more often just a wash and shammy, and then once in a blue moon let a pro do a full polish etc.
The 2 worse jobs are washing the wheels, and getting rid of stuck on flies (Lots of :)

So a couple of ?'s for those manic car washers:-

what is the best way to get rid of stuck on flies

Fastest way to wash the alloys to a reasonable clean standard. (if need Power Washer than state)

Thanks

For stuck on flies you could try a wet towel layed over the area ( I guess the front) leave soaked in water for a while then the flies should come off easy.

I tend to keep the front of the car waxxed so this also helps with the removal of the little buggers

What fingermouse said! Cover the area with a wet towel or wet kitchen roll for half an hour and they soften up nicely. Nake sure kitchen roll doesn't dry out though or that will stick too!

I tend to keep the front of the car waxxed so this also helps with the removal of the little buggers

Me too... wax your bumper, bonnet and mirrors and the bugs will come off much easier with little or no elbow grease!!

Apologies for the delay in replying. I bought a Maguiars lambswool washmit with a mesh type bug remover on the back (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/meguiars-lambswool-wash-mitt/prod_282.html) - WOW!! So easy to get bugs off with just soapy water.

As for the wheels, I was recommended the following - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheel...bilberry-wheel-cleaner-1-litre-/prod_499.html Again, works superbly with minimal effort.

Trust me, I'm no detailer and like you just wanted to remove the bugs and clean the wheels - can't recommend the above two items enough.

The quikest and best way i have found to remove stuck on buggs and flies is good old wet (baby) wipes. Just wipe over and the buggers come off easily. and they also keep your hands soft..........

So how do i go about getting rid of the buggers that have stained my topcoat..the paint is smooth to the touch but theyve scorched the paint.Despite having several layers of collinite/blackfire on.Its not that ive left them on too long either....one trip to torquay from coventry in the heat was enough

So how do i go about getting rid of the buggers that have stained my topcoat..the paint is smooth to the touch but theyve scorched the paint.Despite having several layers of collinite/blackfire on.Its not that ive left them on too long either....one trip to torquay from coventry in the heat was enough

Have you tried stripping back the wax and then re-waxing? The dead flies might have just burnt the surface of the wax that needs removing and then re-applying.

If the bug squash has burnt through the wax onto the paint then the paint will need correcting to remove the burn marks the fly remains have left.

Apologies for the delay in replying. I bought a Maguiars lambswool washmit with a mesh type bug remover on the back (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/meguiars-lambswool-wash-mitt/prod_282.html) - WOW!! So easy to get bugs off with just soapy water.

I would be careful using any type of abrasive cleaning accessory to remove bug remains, it will scratch the paint just like a brush will.

To remove baked on dead flies use an all purpose cleaner/degreaser or snow foam to soak the area to soften the remains before washing.

Sounds like a correction then.Its smooth to the touch, and has obviously scorched the top coat.Im a bit ****** as its got several coats of wax on.I doubt if theres any product that can fully repel a sulphuric acid eatin bluebottle!