Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    3rd Gear

Status

Best way to remove Dead Flies on paintwork

I hate washing card full stop, but having a Black one it always looks dirty, so since I have had it have washed it a few times.

If I had a fast wash dry routine would be happy to do it more often. I am quite happy to wash more often just a wash and shammy, and then once in a blue moon let a pro do a full polish etc.
    The 2 worse jobs are washing the wheels, and getting rid of stuck on flies (Lots of

So a couple of ?'s for those manic car washers:-

what is the best way to get rid of stuck on flies

Fastest way to wash the alloys to a reasonable clean standard. (if need Power Washer than state)

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

thats me

Status
    For stuck on flies you could try a wet towel layed over the area ( I guess the front) leave soaked in water for a while then the flies should come off easy.

I tend to keep the front of the car waxxed so this also helps with the removal of the little buggers
    red to red black to black blue to bits

5th Gear

Status
    hammer and chisel
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

tux
    Neutral

Status
    What fingermouse said! Cover the area with a wet towel or wet kitchen roll for half an hour and they soften up nicely. Nake sure kitchen roll doesn't dry out though or that will stick too!
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, then it must be an electrical problem

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    I tend to keep the front of the car waxxed so this also helps with the removal of the little buggers
    Me too... wax your bumper, bonnet and mirrors and the bugs will come off much easier with little or no elbow grease!!
    '53 A3 2.0 TDi Sport in ebony black with
    Symphony II+, BOSE & rear park assist

1st Gear

Status
    Apologies for the delay in replying. I bought a Maguiars lambswool washmit with a mesh type bug remover on the back (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_282.html) - WOW!! So easy to get bugs off with just soapy water.

As for the wheels, I was recommended the following - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels.../prod_499.html Again, works superbly with minimal effort.

Trust me, I'm no detailer and like you just wanted to remove the bugs and clean the wheels - can't recommend the above two items enough.

Black Pearl

Status
    The quikest and best way i have found to remove stuck on buggs and flies is good old wet (baby) wipes. Just wipe over and the buggers come off easily. and they also keep your hands soft..........

6th Gear

Status
    So how do i go about getting rid of the buggers that have stained my topcoat..the paint is smooth to the touch but theyve scorched the paint.Despite having several layers of collinite/blackfire on.Its not that ive left them on too long either....one trip to torquay from coventry in the heat was enough
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

6th Gear

Status
    any ideas ? anyone?
    Pass me my sock

6th Gear

Status
    ??
    Pass me my sock

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    So how do i go about getting rid of the buggers that have stained my topcoat..the paint is smooth to the touch but theyve scorched the paint.Despite having several layers of collinite/blackfire on.Its not that ive left them on too long either....one trip to torquay from coventry in the heat was enough
    Have you tried stripping back the wax and then re-waxing? The dead flies might have just burnt the surface of the wax that needs removing and then re-applying.

If the bug squash has burnt through the wax onto the paint then the paint will need correcting to remove the burn marks the fly remains have left.
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by One Spoke View Post
    Apologies for the delay in replying. I bought a Maguiars lambswool washmit with a mesh type bug remover on the back (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_282.html) - WOW!! So easy to get bugs off with just soapy water.
    I would be careful using any type of abrasive cleaning accessory to remove bug remains, it will scratch the paint just like a brush will.

To remove baked on dead flies use an all purpose cleaner/degreaser or snow foam to soak the area to soften the remains before washing.
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like a correction then.Its smooth to the touch, and has obviously scorched the top coat.Im a bit pissed as its got several coats of wax on.I doubt if theres any product that can fully repel a sulphuric acid eatin bluebottle!
    Pass me my sock