Megs GA 220 : First go !

wyliss

Reaction score
Had a go yesterday and would anybody agree its not the easiet piece of kit to control ?
A lot of constant use and your hands dont feel too good..
Comments/help appreciated.
Thanks

You get use to it. I wear my old sailing gloves when operating it as well. Are you using the handle as well?

Make sure you are comfortable when using it as well, otherwise you won't spend the right time on the car/panel.

p.s Megs GA, new upgrade to their DA? ;)

I've done away with both the side and top handles of my DA and find holding the rear of the motor with your spare palm to be the most comfortable during prolonged use.

Agreed for some angles, but still like to be able to have the handle. Same with the rotary; sometimes I curse the D handle, other times I praise it!

Yep, totally agree, still not that easy, but the results are head and shoulders above hand application. Rotary's are more comfortable and quicker (so I read) but Da's are safer, so am working my way to rotary!!

i jumped in on a rotary, but possibly do not do enough correction due to me being over cautious. I would rather do it twice, than once and remove the lacqure,lol

Thanks for the reply guys.
I am using it with the handle but I didnt get much correction. I was using Menz 203S, well thats what it said on the end of the bottle but after reading a few other posts elsewhere I believe Menzerna have labelled some bottles incorrecty. Could anybody confirm this ?

You get use to it. I wear my old sailing gloves when operating it as well. Are you using the handle as well?

Make sure you are comfortable when using it as well, otherwise you won't spend the right time on the car/panel.

p.s Megs GA, new upgrade to their DA? ;)

I am using it with the handle but I didnt get much correction. I was using Menz 203S, well thats what it said on the end of the bottle but after reading a few other posts elsewhere I believe Menzerna have labelled some bottles incorrecty. Could anybody confirm this ?

If you turn the bottles upside down there should be a sticker on the bottom giving the correct polish name/code. I think 203S is now branded as Power Finish (PO85RD 3.02) and Power Finish was once called Intensive Polish.

It would appear that 203S Intensive Polish has now become PO85RD 3.02 Power Finish... I think???? It is a bit confusing???

Did you use a polishing pad or compounding pad? The pad is just as important as the polish being used..

Did you use a polishing pad or compounding pad? The pad is just as important as the polish being used..

I wouldn't agree there. The polish is the most important part. The pad can only offer more or less resistance against the surface of the paint. Yes, it's a consideration, but does not have as much influence as the polish.

Yes, Menz have relabelled (not that recently). It is still quite clear, however, which polishes are which. I haven't heard anything concerning incorrect labelling, so cannot confirm or deny that!

Bare in mind that you are using a DA. It is well worth attending a detailing meet to see the difference between the heat generated by a rotary and a DA. The difference is quite impressive/scary! You have to constantly check your work with a rotary, with the back of your hand to check the temp. It would take hours to generate the same heat with the DA.