direct sunlight ??

Walter

Reaction score
Hello every one. This may be a really thick question, but I was wondering, most products instructions say not to apply in direct sunlight, but what would happen if you did? And would it be a disaster? The reason I ask is because I fancied doing a bit while it’s pleasant outside.

Not an expert by any means, but if the car's in the sun, the panels can be really hot to the touch. If you apply cleaning products to hot panels, they tend to dry really quickly & smear rather than doing their job properly.

Try using even good quality window cleaner - it just gives blotches & streaks. I've tried doing cleaning in the sun & ended up having to go over it all again, as the end result was messy.

Someone who knows properly what they're talking about may be along in a bit to help...:think:

There are alot of products now that say can be used in sun, have a look for some, they work well. Did mine last weekend, got an ace car and some sunburn lol

Hello every one. This may be a really thick question, but I was wondering, most products instructions say not to apply in direct sunlight, but what would happen if you did? And would it be a disaster? The reason I ask is because I fancied doing a bit while it’s pleasant outside.

It's always recommended to work in the shade out of direct sunlight to prevent you ending up with water marks during washing etc
I wouldn't say disaster, but may cause you extra work.

If you only have a smallish window to wash your car and sunlight exposure cannot be avoided (like me at the mo due to work constraits) then do one panel at a time to avoid premature drying. When washing clean a single panel then wash off suds straight away. When doing the other panels spray over the entire car each time to keep everything wet. There is nothing more annoying than watermarks! In my area the water is so hard it is actually a hazy grey colour!!!!