EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

direct sunlight ??

Hello every one. This may be a really thick question, but I was wondering, most products instructions say not to apply in direct sunlight, but what would happen if you did? And would it be a disaster? The reason I ask is because I fancied doing a bit while it’s pleasant outside.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lost in music...

Status
    Not an expert by any means, but if the car's in the sun, the panels can be really hot to the touch. If you apply cleaning products to hot panels, they tend to dry really quickly & smear rather than doing their job properly.

Try using even good quality window cleaner - it just gives blotches & streaks. I've tried doing cleaning in the sun & ended up having to go over it all again, as the end result was messy.

Someone who knows properly what they're talking about may be along in a bit to help...

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    There are alot of products now that say can be used in sun, have a look for some, they work well. Did mine last weekend, got an ace car and some sunburn lol

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Hello every one. This may be a really thick question, but I was wondering, most products instructions say not to apply in direct sunlight, but what would happen if you did? And would it be a disaster? The reason I ask is because I fancied doing a bit while it’s pleasant outside.
    It's always recommended to work in the shade out of direct sunlight to prevent you ending up with water marks during washing etc
    I wouldn't say disaster, but may cause you extra work.
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

staylowmovefast

Status
    If you only have a smallish window to wash your car and sunlight exposure cannot be avoided (like me at the mo due to work constraits) then do one panel at a time to avoid premature drying. When washing clean a single panel then wash off suds straight away. When doing the other panels spray over the entire car each time to keep everything wet. There is nothing more annoying than watermarks! In my area the water is so hard it is actually a hazy grey colour!!!!
    !!BINGO BONGO!!