Audi S3 - 2010 - Blackfire'd

Jimmeh

Reaction score
This ones for you, Gops! :)

Audi S3 – 2010. Phantom Black – BlackFire Enhancing Detail

Only 300 miles on the clock for this one; makes a nice change!

The car hasn’t been washed since collection from the Audi Dealership. Interested to see their washing efforts! (To be fair, other than one or two bad areas with some wash marring and swirling, and, faint buffer trails on the spoiler, it was in a fine condition.)

Product

• AutoGlym FastGlass
• AutoSmart Tardis
• AutoSmart G101
• Belgom ALU
• Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish
• Blackfire All finish Paint Protection
• Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax
• Blackfire All Metal Sealant
• Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant
• Chemical Guys JetSEAL109
• Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
• Jeffs Werkstat Prime
• LTT Auto Ultra Foam
• LTT Auto Ultra Protect
• Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel
• Meguiars Last Touch
• Sonus Green Clay

Before:

DSC04205wd.jpg

After:

DSC04310wd.jpg

Now, I might add, although there are close to 100 pictures on this report, the majority of them are afters!! It was the first time I’d used the Blackfire kit, so, a bit of an adventurous day through the stages.. Once finished, wiped down and sat in the sun however, I soon made up for the lack of progress photos with full-sun afters.

Inspection..

DSC04204wd.jpg

DSC04206wd.jpg

DSC04208wd.jpg

DSC04216wd.jpg

Light wash marring:

DSC04210wd.jpg

A few finer scratches:

DSC04212wd.jpg

DSC04214wd.jpg

DSC04215wd.jpg
DSC04207wd.jpg

DSC04227wd.jpg

This isn’t any ordinary Audi S3 by the way..

It’s heavily modified! “Performance?” No. “Handling?” No. “erm.. Aesthetics?” No.

Modified controls:

DSC04200wd.jpg

DSC04201wd.jpg

DSC04202wd.jpg
DSC04203wd.jpg

Brilliant! Very scary manoeuvring the vehicle with the push/pull lever though when you’re so used to pedals! Got to get me one of those steering-wheel thingies, too!

Anyway.. As the finish was near perfect and with the sun beaming down on the black paintwork, I thought I’d give ONR an outing (a wash solution which, in theory, allows a car to be (safely!) washed without the use of a hosepipe/pressure washer, or, without worry about water spotting due to the intense heat.)

A great opportunity to test this today..

Firstly, I allowed the area to be worked to soak in a pre-mix of ONR (always start high and work your way down the vehicle (drying as you go!))

I begin on the water spotted roof..

DSC04228wd.jpg

DSC04231wd.jpg

Paint condition before ONR wash:

DSC04232wd.jpg

Paint after ONR wash: (…excuse the water mark!!)

DSC04233wd.jpg

I continued to work high; roof, windows and then down to the doors..

50/50 on bonnet:

DSC04234wd.jpg

DSC04238wd.jpg

DSC04239wd.jpg

DSC04248wd.jpg

Looking good..

Colour difference in rinse and wash solution buckets certainly shows the system works.

DSC04243wd.jpg

However. At this point, I gave up and washed the car in my usual manner. “Why?” It was windy. Although I’d finished the roof some ten minutes or so ago, it was covered in all matter of fallout. With a ‘wet-wash’, any foreign substance like this will be taken off immediately before the drying and polishing stages.

ONR certainly has its place in ‘detailing’. It does have its limitations however. Wheels and arches for instance; unless you’ve raided a microfibre warehouse and have extremely long and skinny arms to reach into the backs of the wheels; you’re going to struggle without the use of a hose (another reason why ONR on a customers’ car like this wasn’t such a great idea) It comes into it’s own when A) arriving at a show and requires a light wash without the risk of nasty Quick Detail holograms/marring etc. B) Weekly wipe downs to remove dust and light fallout and C) using it as a pre-wash/clay lube!

So anyway, the vehicle was pressure washed. Snow foamed. Washed with the two buckets and Born To Be Mild and then towelled dry.

DSC04249wd.jpg

DSC04253wd.jpg

After five minutes of clearing the crevices with the Black Baron blower, it was popped away into the garage and I began reading the Blackfire kit instructions!

DSC04376wd.jpg

My plan? Polish – Seal - Wax.

Gloss Enhancing Polish - All finish Paint Protection - Midnight Sun paste wax.

It seems a little strange leaving a polish residues (once worked and applied to a vehicle) to haze and dry.. I don’t think I’d left it on long enough on my first few passes; quite greasy and left all manner of streaks and holograms. A few further passes later and all was sorted, but, a strange first experience.

On with the Sealant – that was fine. No issues at all. Effortless to apply in a fine thin layer and muchos easy to take off.

Midnight Sun wax? Again, effortless application. Very pleased.

It was around this time I was dying to check the finish out in the sun.. (final dressings, windows etc yet to finish!)

DSC04257wd.jpg

DSC04258wd.jpg

DSC04259wd.jpg

DSC04262wd.jpg

DSC04260wd.jpg
DSC04267wd.jpg

DSC04270wd.jpg

DSC04273wd.jpg

DSC04271wd.jpg

Deep scratches poking through:

DSC04274wd.jpg

DSC04276wd.jpg

DSC04278wd.jpg

Happy with the results and how the Polish had cleaned and cleared the paint, I buried it back into the garage and finalised the last few finishing touches.

Windows – FastGlass
Alloys – JetSEAL109
Exhausts –Belgom ALU / Blackfire All Metal Sealant
Interior – G101
Leather – LTT
Britework – Jeffs Prime
Exterior plastics – 303 Aerospace
Widedown – Blackfire

……LOTS of photos.

DSC04280wd.jpg

DSC04281wd.jpg
DSC04286wd.jpg

DSC04287wd.jpg

DSC04288wd.jpg

DSC04289wd.jpg

DSC04290wd.jpg
DSC04291wd.jpg

DSC04292wd.jpg

DSC04295wd.jpg

DSC04301wd.jpg

DSC04302wd.jpg

DSC04304wd.jpg

DSC04312wd.jpg

DSC04316wd.jpg

DSC04322wd.jpg

DSC04325wd.jpg

DSC04335wd.jpg

DSC04336wd.jpg

DSC04313wd.jpg

DSC04337wd.jpg

DSC04338wd.jpg

DSC04340wd.jpg
DSC04332wd.jpg

DSC04344wd.jpg
DSC04346wd.jpg

DSC04349wd.jpg

DSC04353wd.jpg

DSC04357wd.jpg
DSC04358wd.jpg

DSC04361wd.jpg

DSC04362wd.jpg

DSC04364wd.jpg
DSC04377wd.jpg

DSC04372wd-1.jpg

DSC04378wd.jpg

DSC04380wd.jpg
DSC04402wd.jpg

DSC04382wd.jpg

DSC04383wd.jpg

DSC04386wd.jpg

DSC04392wd.jpg

DSC04389wd.jpg
DSC04391wd.jpg

DSC04393wd.jpg

DSC04399wd.jpg

DSC04403wd.jpg

So yes, the car looked stunning. I’ll certainly be adding the Blackfire kit to my collection in the near future and look forward to completing maintenance detail’s on the S3 in the months to come..

Total time just over 7 hours (6 hours of that was probably taking photos!!)

Cheers!

Jim

:hubbahubba:

This ones for you, Gops! :)

Hehehehe :) yayyyy!!!:jump: Oh i cant wait to try it all on my car now! Looks absolutely fantastic jim!!! Blackfire kit looks great! Seen it on rav's s3 its definately one to use!! Fantastic work!

Great work Jimmeh mate. How do you rate the overal gloss etc of blackfire when comparing to other products you've used say on Jason s3 and prevoius coloured cars?

Great work Jimmeh mate. How do you rate the overal gloss etc of blackfire when comparing to other products you've used say on Jason s3 and prevoius coloured cars?

Amazing work jimmy. Blackfire is amazing stuff just need the wax when Rich gets it back in stock:thumbsup:

Seriously, how much do you charge for you to do this to my beloved A3?!

nice work :icon_thumright:

Got the blackfire kit myself and must give the car a clean this weekend as it seems to be wearing most of that Icelandic volcano!

Thanks guys.

For the first outing, I was impressed with BF. It was actually the customers' kit, I was asked to use it (..with pleasure! ;) )

The car felt very very slick. I'm tempted to say the 'gloss' was a bit warmer than my usual SuperNatural approach.. Interested to see its durability in the coming weeks and months.

Looks fantastic Jim; the full Blackfire system is very hard to beat on dark metallics. :icon_thumright:

Cheers Rich. I'll be in touch soon to put in my order!