AH FabricationsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Deep glossy wet look shine ?

Hi All
    I've an 06 plate 2.0 tdi se A3 in black (Alfred)
    Could anyone recommend a polish that gives a deep lasting 'wet look'
    I hand wash using a mitt and separate buckets, then dry wipe with microfiber cloths
    I've been using a popular brand of polish (ice) but would like to use something that will give a real shiny wet look finish
    I'll be doing all the work by hand, as I've neither time nor patience to do a multi hour detail on the car.
    I normally would spend about 2 to 3 hours on what i would call a good thorough wash, wipe and polish.
    Would i need to 'strip' any existing polish from the car before applying any other product, if so what is recommended ?
    Thanks very much for any tips and advice given.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    hey buddy,
    I've seen the werkstat set used on black to give the look you're after, is it a one step process you're after? Getting a one step that lasts is pretty difficult TBH, but I'd try Poorboys black hole then a sealants like Optimum Opti-seal. http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=611 very easy and quick to use. Be interesting to see what the others say! HTH
    Neil
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

Neutral

Status
    hi Hunty, thanks for the reply
    Yes, its a 1 step process I'm after really
    just something that will give a real shine with not too much arm breaking application
    I don't mind putting a bit of effort into achieving a good finish , but don't have the dedication to spend all day polishing etc.

1st Gear

Status
    Fair one buddy. If you want to fill the swirls that cars have, poorboys black hole is great and a pleasure to apply by hand and will fill those swirls, and opti-seal seems a little pricey, but it's spray on, wipe in, job done! And goes a long long way, it wont take longer than 3 hours to do.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks again
    This sounds like a good product, I've had a look at it and it seems easy to use
    I'll take a look at the sealant too, as our feathered friends seem to have a flight path across the bonnet of my car when they have a case of the upset tummies lol
    Ive found both products on e bay for a decent price, so can buy today and try next weekend, so long as the volcanic ash does not dissolve my Alfred ha ha

1st Gear

Status
    ha ha, let me know how you get on buddy

Polished Bliss

Status
    Given your time limitations, I think the Werkstat acrylic products would be ideal - the first major detail with them will take 3-4 hours, but from then on for the next six months or so you'll only need to spend a couple of hours a month topping up the finish (in addition to normal washing). Full details on this link...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-kit-cat1.html