JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    6th gear @7000rpm

Status

First time detailling attempt!

Hello everybody! I should be picking my car up tomorrow as it went in for a front end respray due to some light damage. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.. I know that i have to wait for the paint to settle onto the car for about 3 weeks is it? If im wrong please correct me.. Afterwards i wanted to do a nice full detail for the car. After reading jimmeh's threads and seeing everybody elses threads i've been bursting to do it! Its only a fiesta but theres nothing wrong with making your car looking shiney! What stuff would i be looking to use? And the procedure to washing, claying, polishing... etc...I heard tht the Werkstat acrylic kit from PB was good to use on Silver cars, is that correct? I would appriciate all the help possible to make my lil car looking its best again!

Many thanks!

Gops!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

2. # ADS
    ADS

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Hi fella.

It depends on the process used, something I only found out a couple of months ago. If the paint technique is a modern spray technique then your paint will be over baked. This evaporates all of the moisture etc in the paint, thus letting you get on with polishing and waxing. A few years back, you would need to let the paint "breathe" for a few weeks/months.

With regards to cleaning, I would suggest having a decent read through the Polished Bliss guides as they really are brimming with info.

FYI; wash, dry, clay, wash, dry, polish, seal and/or wax.

With regards to products, again PB is a good source of info, as well as a number of recent threads

HTH, any questions, fire away!

JD

Status
    I agree with JD but sometimes it depends on what state the paint is in as well,I did mine recently and stripped it using tardis before claying because of so much contaminents
    and it came up quite good

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Tardis is jolly useful, based on the UK roads (or lack of roads and the more present road works!).

Looks good Voorhees; the more I see the Nuvolari (SP?) wheels, the more I am considering them on mine!

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Wow spanks Well i got back from the sprayers today, and he kinda gave me some bad news! He said that because of a dodgey undercoat, the clear coat had some sort of reaction to the paint! he said that he has to wait for the clear coat to dry and next friday he's gonna do it all over again.. Sounding abit dodgey but i just want it done, had enough bad luck this week

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Mine does have alot of contaminants! Tardis is definately on the shopping list then! Ive read the PB guidelines, sooo helpful! I've emailed them a few questions but forgot to add abit fabric seats, mine are horrid! Anybody got some cures? And btw, JD, your car looks ace mate!!! And yours Jase!! Wish i had an S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Mine does have alot of contaminants! Tardis is definately on the shopping list then!
    I have a large tin of the stuff which if you have a decent spraybottle I'll fill it up as that would be enough for a small car

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Oh wow really? Thats wicked mate, would appriciate that alot!! I'll sort you out with some cash for it too

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    I'll sort you out with some cash for it too
    No cash thanks am good

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    beer, samosa's or onion bhaji's? Appriciate it bud, Will be back in coventry next weekend if your free? i'l pop down?

Status
    No worries just pm me but make sure you get a spray bottle but beware it eats plastic if left in for a while