Autoglym Lifeshine.

The Maestro

S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As my previous posts relate, I've delved into the DIY detailing routine, used my X6 as a tester before touching the new, hallowed Audi. So I was thinking today, with my novice-detailer mind-set, "Hang on ... I had Autoglym lifeshine slapped on my car ... will that need dealing with before I start a serious detail on my car?"

So the simple question is ... should I perform some sort of ritual to remove the affects of the lifeshine before my next week's wash/wax and reapply things to the paint work, or just leave it as it is, wash/wax until a few months when I do the clay-polish-wax gig.

Basically, to all you pro detailers, if you inherited a new S3 with Autoglym lifeshine all over it, what would your process be.

Many thanks

I wouldn't be that bothered by this "life shine", unless it is a paint protectant like diamond brite?

I wouldn't be that bothered by this "life shine", unless it is a paint protectant like diamond brite?

Yes, it's a paint protectant. The application process is to put it on so it leaves a chalky haze and leave it to dry for an hour, then buff it off. So I'd imagine that anything I put on the car for some considerable time isn't going to get through to the paintwork. What product would 'strip it' off?

Having read numerous comments about it all over the web, I'm glad it was thrown in free and I didn't pay £300 quid for it. Although, thinking about it now, I wish I'd negotiated something else "free" in its place.

Sounds like either a wax or a sealent. This will come off, bets on it already coming off due to time and washing are quite high!