AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Unhappy Our fantastic roads!

Hi guys,

Just a quick question on how you guys deal with stone chips? Everytime I wash my car I discover yet another bit of paint missing! I've even managed to get a stone chip on the plastic trim on the side of the car which shows as a big black mark as its plastic underneath! Not a good look on an ibis white motor!

Apart from billing the council, which I think we should do, what can I do? Some of the chips on the bonet are through to the metal!

kempus

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think the only real way to prevent stone chips is to get the http://www.supagard.co.uk/ treatment.

2nd Gear

Status
    supa guard aint gonna help against stone chips it's just a very very over priced wax.lol
    not really anything you can do but get a bonnet bra but you aint no chav so thats not gonna happen

staylowmovefast

Status
    I have a special relationship/understanding with geology. The queen "stone" lives in my back garden. She has disguised herself as a paving slab...She promises me that none of her smaller minions will harm my car as long as I tell the dog not to relieve itself on her, and I jetwash her once a month. It has worked well so far......
    !!BINGO BONGO!!

1st Gear

Status
    Gonna give that a try!!! It's gonna be the best looked after stone in the east of england! If only I can have a special peice of tarmac with diesel on it so I don't spin my car 360 degrees on a round about!
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixv6quattro View Post
    I have a special relationship/understanding with geology. The queen "stone" lives in my back garden. She has disguised herself as a paving slab...She promises me that none of her smaller minions will harm my car as long as I tell the dog not to relieve itself on her, and I jetwash her once a month. It has worked well so far......
    Ollie that made me spill my coffee matey! Big lol!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixv6quattro View Post

FPMSL thanx i just er spat a mouthful of redbull over me pc keyboard so now using the laptop