Perflection Detailed MK5 Golf GTTDi

sn00py

Reaction score
Had a Golf GTTDi in on saturday. heres some photos of how i got on. Im still trying to get the hang of this 'Before and after' shots so please forgive the lack of detailed photos. (Could also do with a new camera!)

Washed: Megs Gold Class
Clayed: Megs Mild clay
Polish: AG SRP
Seal: AG EGP
Wax: Zymol Carbon

The paint was in abused condition. Heres the clay before the roof:
DSCF0957.jpg

And After the roof:
DSCF0958.jpg

Heres some finished photos:
DSCF0984.jpg

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF0999.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

And some comparison shots:
Untitled-1-9.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

DSCF0936.jpg

DSCF0942.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

Cheers
Martin
Perflection

Good work Martin..

You'll soon get used to taking the photos, it comes second nature to me now tbh!

SRP applied by hand or DA? The last time I used SRP was by PC7424 (i forget with what pad..) but the results were pretty amazing. A tired and heavily swirled black S-Type Jaguar was totally transformed.. A good 95% correction! (I know this wouldnt have last as they were merely 'masked', but, still!)

thanks for the comments mate!

Its all done by hand. Im still quite new to this game, and the thought of a using a DA is still a bit worrying incase i ruin the paint!

You have more chance of ruining the paint with the claybar than you do SRP and a DA! :p

Fair enough though - it pays to be patient!

Look forward to seeing more of your work as your progress.

damn thats some s**t of the roof!! i take it the rest of the car was as bad?

Nice turn around buddy! The clay did its job, never seen the clay that bad from the roof and Bonnet! DA's are excellent, really does make the difference. Took me a while to take the plunge though.

As above that is some serious contamination! Clearly never been clayed and maybe kepy under trees?!