Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: gtechniq

1st Gear

Status

gtechniq

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these products. Mostly interested in the wheel armour and glass protectant.
    52 plate black s3,Star performance remap, 18" bbs lm reps, adjustable tie bars, bilstein b8s, eibach springs, forge 007p, panel filter, covered in rg55

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Not first hand, no. I read nothing but good things about them though..

I recentely spoke to Rob @ G-Techniq as regards Marine care.. A very helpful and friendly chap - worth giving them a call if you're interested and would like to know more.

...either that, or, jump over to DetailingWorld as I'm sure it's been used there once or twice.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    I have used a few of their products and they are pretty good, but the sealants on their own don't give the finish a wax does so i tend to use a carnauba wax over the top.

The P1 polish with a wool pad is pretty good on very deep scratches as using it the way Gtechniq describe produces hardly any heat, but it does need a final finish stage afterwards which Gtechniq claim it doesn't, apparently it works by moving the paint around to help remove scratches/swirling

The C1 crystal lacquer leaves a quite a nice gloss but as with all sealants it is a very clinical, cold finish, you need a carnauba wax over the top to give some warmth.

The G1 clear screen kit is about as good as Rain-X to be honest, it lasted about as long as Rain-X but is more expensive as you only get a small bottle of the actual sealant which will just about do one large car.

I haven't used the C5 wheel armour so can't comment but I would imagine it would be the same sort of stuff as the C1 crystal lacquer, which when applied to alloys would form a very strong finish

HTH

Ian
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)