Cleaning s-line leather steering wheel-Advice!

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello guys! Hope everyones well! Just a quick one. Just aquired a 3 year old s-line black leather steering wheel. Its dirty, but the leather is A1 underneath. Whats the best way to clean it up without upsetting the leather.....

Ollie

Varnish it with wood varnish?

Only joking chap, promise ;) Use something like Gliptone or LTT leather cleaners. Best course of action is wipe with a damp cloth; followed by gently scrubbing the leather with a soft brush, with the leather cleaner; then wipe off with a damp clean cloth and protect.

HTH

JD

Last edited:
Its too late I left it to soak in a tub of petroleum......Seriously, cheers for the advice though!! Lol

What ???????????

Ollie appears to be of the continuing opinion that normal detailing products are too expensive, and cheaper, everyday items make perfectly acceptable stand-ins.

His car, his decisions :)

Although having said that I will be interested to hear if he smokes . . . !!!

Think he's winding you all up ! (especially after the varnish saga !)

YEAH!!!! ITS HAD A GOOD SOAK IN THE PETROLEUM AND IT'S NOW BEEN TRANSFERED TO AN EARN CONTAINING NAPALM...........JD, don't be so daft mara!! I have used good ol' expensive Gliptone. Just because I have done one un-conventional thing (which, may I add, is working A1 with no signs of fatigue/cracking/or any of the things you said ((lolololololol!!!))were GOING to happen.....) don't be under a dafty false pretention that I am using hair wax to wax my car and black marker to blacken my trim! And did I EVER say/mention that I always do things on the cheap side.............Uhhh, no! Wind it in my old potatoe.

Wind it in? Sorry, not down with the lingo my friend!

As for the "no I don't do things on the cheap" comment, a; Gliptone is quoted as being "good ol' expensive" and b; you decided to go against the grain and use varnish instead of a leather care product.

Mate I really just feel sorry for the car, purely because detailing is a serious passion of mine! Nothing against you!

Please do not feel "sorry" for my car. I can personally gaurantee you it is A1 (impeccably so) both cosmetically and mechanically. And thats anytime circumstancially inclusive. Infact I would be very suprised If yours was tidier and more pristine (cosmetically and mechanically)....Did you hear that? It was the sound of a gauntlet being thrown down.....I have used something on my car that is un-convential yet 101% effective. It hasn't done anything you negative bunch said it would do. The leather hasn't contracted, there is no cracking, and the sunlight is having absolutely no bearing on the finish. Take heed from the fact, IT HAS WORKED. Plain and simple. And worked very well. Now please, in the name of god, GET OVER IT. I am sorry (really) that I have ****** on your car-washing/cleaning/detailing bonfire by using something that isn't specifically targeted at car leather. I really didn't expect you to bring it up in a new/fresh thread (i.e. this one), it's obviously cut you very deeply....
Ref slang, "wind it in" translated "wind your neck in" (sorry, my military lingo got the better of me, I will strive to use ordinary text that you can grasp/understand) simply means stop making unwarranted comments, and "my old potatoe" simply means mate/chum/pal/mara/buddy etc etc.
Once again sorry for ******* on your detailing fire......If LTT or Gliptone stop your commission I will come to your place and hug you, then I will make you a cup of tea and tuck you into bed. Can't be fairer than that!
Thanks for reading!

-Ollie

P.S.......Seriously, get over it!...........

I am one of the most positive people you are likely to meet, Ollie. I don't see the point in being negative about anything in my life.

But the fact is, you are clearly mouthing off about people and companies with a complete lack of respect for those in the know. To suggest that any of the detailers on here are paid commission by a brand, based on them enjoying the results they achieve on their clients' cars is, being perfectly honest, childish.

If you cannot accept that I have an opinion (just like you!) I would suggest it is, in fact, you that needs to "get over it".

As for your blatant bad attitude and reference to my understanding of the English language - buy a dictionary and check your own grammar my friend!

JD / Pheonix,

As much as this thread is an interesting read, (just laughed out loud in the office at pheonix's last comments), its gettin a bit 'handbags' now guys, don't you think..
geeze there only cars......! Why don't we just forget about it till late summer to see if jd's theory is right?
Alternatively how about an arm wrestle to decide ? lol

Judging by the "army lingo", I'm out!

It's OK, sent him a PM telling him he's a git (joking) so all should be fine and dandy.

HaHa! JD and Phoenix, You need your heads banging together!

I wonder how Harry Hill would sort you out?:uhm:

FIGHT!!!!!!!

Cheers Matt

WX-Cheers mate......

S3Hoggy-"Wind it in"....

Jq-quint-You are right, time will be the denominator.....

JD-Pm recieved, thanks mate......

....I consider this whole "Leather saga" now closed.....

.......Until Late August when I will bear the results......

Ollie