Who can refurb BBS?

sash

Reaction score
Does anyone know about or have used a company that can refurb BBS alloys?

Had wicked wheels come a look at my BBS CH, they told me some guff about it being a special wheel and it has some kind of reflective... i stopped listening to the guy once he said he couldnt do it.

I would be greatful for any recommendations for companies that can refurb BBS (CH), thanks.

There was a moment where i though the guy (from wicked wheels) was talking rubbish, he told me it was a special audi wheel that they put on a certain anniversary model (i have seen this STYLE of alloy on a few old audis). Thing is mine arent the audi alloys they are the BBS CH, surprised he didnt see the large BBS capital letters on the centre cap. I am hoping he got it totally wrong and that they can be refurbed.

Please dont tell me i gotta go buy some new alloys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

this may help you a little,

bbs are split rims mainly i believe so its more complicated than the usual ones, my father had his bbs alloys refurbished at 150 pound a corner though i don't know the company (not much help there sorry), don't know about this special reflective surface though
the refurb was done a while ago, hope this is an encouragement at least..

They can be refurbished, but if they are a 2 piece split rim, the guy probbably didn't want the hassle. Also, if they have an ususual finish that is not in his colour box, then I guess he may not be able to match them.

Most dealers / bodyshops should be able to put you in touch with a company in your area - probbably best to do all 4 so that they match /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any decent wheel re-finisher will be able to match a paint colour close to original...regardless of the make of wheel.

If they are not the 'ball polished' finish that is...if they are 'ball polished' - a sort of very fine hammering type effect - they will be harder to have re-finished, but such companies do exist, I'm told.

If they are plain silver CHs, you will have the option of having them powder cioated or painted.
Even if they are BBS's 'Bright Silver' finish you should be in luck...you can get some very bright powder coat finishes these days...and they will be far harder wearing than paint.

My father has had his BBS RXs re-finished in Bright Silver powder coat, and you'd be hard pushed to spot it's not the original finish.

As for companies to try:
A local powder coater should be able to help
A local bodyshop
Spit and polish
Phat wheels

(don't have addresses...do a search on google, they'll turn up!)

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
Thanks for all the relies guys. Refurbing all 4 will probably cost the same as buying 2 new bbs ch, espcially if its 150 a corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?
I get mine done for about £35 per corner...the max should be £50 per corner!

[ QUOTE ]

WTF!
S3:
576.87 BHP / 1512 lb-ft
are you kidding me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm kidding you...
The figures are about as accurate as most that people add to their signature!

Ess_three, as regards to the £150 i was referring to dummis comment:
"my father had his bbs alloys refurbished at 150 pound a corner"
suppose i was wrong to get my facts from a dummi.

As for those car specs, yeah i agree, i was thinking of putting my car figures in Break Nistelrooys

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
Break Nistelrooys

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!
I've not heard that before...mind if I use that phrase in the future? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif