show prep to avoid stone chips etc..

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
im currently getting my car preped up for the comming show season and so im having it resprayed, im worried about getting stone chips and road grim on the paint work on my travels to shows and as i havent really ever had such new paint on a car i havent really bothred about worrying and would ordinarily just quik detail once at the show, this time i want to protect the paint as much as possible on my travels and to care for the paint as much as possible once at the show,
anyone got any tips and pics of how to achive what im after?? i was thinking 3m taping up the front end then light wash once at the show followed by a quick detail? any good

cheers

Taping is an idea. There just isn't a lot you can do about this unless you can get it trailered to the show!

A decent wash at the show is the only thing I can suggest really. Sorry, that's not much help!

Yep, great idea - we've done this numerous times when transporting cars from our studio to shows and clear film fitters, etc. Couple of layers of tape on the front end, and a single layer over the wings and bonnet. Looks daft but really helps! :sm4:

yeah not to bothered how it looks in transit as i no it looks good once all the tape is off with no chips, thought it might be about the only awnser just did'nt want to do it if there was a better method, cheers guys