Chris NottSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Best Polish for removing swirls oon darl pearl blue?

As the title says really. I have noticable swirls that need removing, but will need to be done by hand, by me Can anybody reccommend the correct grade polish and applicator?

Thanks

Rob
    A3 8P Sportback - 3.2 Quattro - DSG - S Line - Leather - RNSe - Bose - Heated Seats - Rear Parking Aid - Cruise - ILP - Moro Pearl Blue

2. # ADS
    ADS

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Hi,

To remove swirls on Audi paint, you tend to have difficulty by hand. However, a combination of Menzerna 203s and a Lake Country light hand pad do work nicely.

Links;

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...203s-cat8.html

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...MasterLCHO0000

1st Gear

Status
    I'd invest in a Megs G220, should sort the problem out no end plus it will save your hands and arms.
    Polished Bliss have got a few sticky threads in this forum which are really useful. Thanks to Rich
    ;-)
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!

Status
    If you have the budget for a Dual Action polisher, great. But make sure you practice. You are very unlikely to burn through paint, but you are also unlikely to get the best out of the machine without tutoring/experience.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    If you have the budget for a Dual Action polisher, great. But make sure you practice. You are very unlikely to burn through paint, but you are also unlikely to get the best out of the machine without tutoring/experience.
    Fair point JD. Should I get an old bonnet or something as this will be my first time
    cheers
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!

Status
    Precisely chap; better to mess up on an old panel than your pride and joy

Scrappies will let wings and such like go for pennies; put in your old swirls using a light scourer and you're away. If you want more help, PM me or check out Rich's guides, through the Polished Bliss website.

1st Gear

Status
    Precisely chap; better to mess up on an old panel than your pride and joy

Scrappies will let wings and such like go for pennies; put in your old swirls using a light scourer and you're away. If you want more help, PM me or check out Rich's guides, through the Polished Bliss website.
    Cheers JD, top fella.
    I see your a North of the country guy too !!!

Status
    I am chap; need to stick together, us Northern "monkeys"!

1st Gear

Status
    I am chap; need to stick together, us Northern "monkeys"!
    We do fella, and WE WILL ;-)
    pmsl !

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the answers guys, I was hoping to find a product at Halfrauds and have a go tomorrow, I guess thats not the case. I can't justify buying a machine polisher and wouldn't trust myself with one.

Regards

Rob
    A3 8P Sportback - 3.2 Quattro - DSG - S Line - Leather - RNSe - Bose - Heated Seats - Rear Parking Aid - Cruise - ILP - Moro Pearl Blue

Status
    If you are looking for Halfrauds products, something like Auto Glym Super Resin Polish is an OK solution. It contains lots of fillers, however, and will therefore not remove swirls, rather fill them. These fillers will fall out over time and washing, leaving the previous marks on show.