what order

ghouseman

Gazza
Reaction score
Hi guys, i,ve got quite a few AG products, including hi def wax and a clay kit, whats the best order in which to acheive the best finish on my avus silver A3, cheers!

wash,
dry,
clay,
polish,
wax

Jobs a good un.

(Very simply put i know, but is late and ive got work in 6 hours!)

As above, but to expand;

Wash, thoroghly with two bucket method (1 for soapy water, one to rinse your mitt after each pass over a panel).

Dry with a decent deep pile drying towel such as the ones from i4detailing.

Clay, megs quick clay is available from halfrauds and is very easy to use. Make sure the clay always travels in the same direction, back and forth, not side to side.

Wash again.

Polish by hand with super resin polish (srp).

Seal or wax (or both) with a sealent like extra gloss protection and/or your HD wax.

All the above are available at halfrauds, thus making them easy to come by.

That will do it, what I would add to that is don't bother drying before claying, the more lubricating moisture on there the better!nHave fun and put a few pics up so we can see the results! Just a quick question, Is my car the same colour as yours? It's on the "A3 so far" thread on here. Thanks buddy,
Neil

Ensure you use a detailing spray or similar with the clay otherwise it will marr the paint.

We use Megs Last Touch at 1:1 with water as a clay lube.

Make sure that you also turn the clay ensuring you have a clean clay surface to work with. In the colder weather it is best to pop the clay into a bowl of warm water to soften it.

HTH

Agreed on the clay comments. If you end up being short of lube, water with a small amount of shampoo is an OK alternative.