Maintaining the shine.

Sean_S3

Reaction score
Hello .

I finally got round to going over my car with the blackfire wet ice over fire kit i purchased at christmas which consists of :

Step 1 – Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Step 2 – Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection

Step 3 – Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax

Step 4 – Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant

The results are stunning and i now want to keep on top of it . So my question is which of the above products can i "layer up" with in order to increase shine and protection.

Many thanks

Sean.

Layering will usually increase protection length buddy, but not shine really. Can add a little extra depth but I think you've got that covered. Just maintain with a QD spray, which Rich from polished bliss will be able to advise you on, as I'm sure he's very familiar with the blackfire range.
Hope this helps,
Neil

As a general rule mate, the last product you apply is the one you top up with. Or like the previous post, get a detailing spray.

Unsure on why there is a wax, then a sealent in the mix there, should ideally be the other way around (or one or the other).

In terms of topping up, spray sealent.

In terms of layering up, either the wax or the sealent.

Personally like to layer sealent for long last protection, but wax if it's Spring/Summer and I have a chance to reapply each month.

Hi Sean, from this point onwards I would suggest quick detailing with the Deep Gloss Spray Sealant on a regular basis (after every wash, or 1-2 times a month) and topping up the wax with a fresh coat every 2-3 months. The Blackfire range is pretty special in as much as the Deep Gloss Spray Sealant is perfectly safe for use over either the paste wax or the All Finish Paint Protection. Normally this would not be the case, but Blackfire have cleverly loaded all of their products with the same polymer, meaning that the spray sealant will bond to, and top up, the wax finish perfectly well. :sm4:

Interesting that, Rich. Not something I was aware of with the Blackfire products.