ONR

putang

Reaction score
Anyone used this stuff (optimum no rinse) I got some the other week and used it on my old workhorse. I am very impressed with the way it removes the dirt, with no rinse needed. no swirl mark either.

I've used/use the stuff, yeah. It's an excellent product.

Very scepitcal about using it in the first place though, what, with a defect free car and all.

Still like to perform a full PW/foam wash on customers' cars though; more of a 'deep clean'.

ONR is great for a weekly wash when the cars not too dirty. Struggle with the wheels though (inner rim - still require a hose to rinse this)

i know what you mean about the wheels.

I will still like you say use the snow foam and 2bm once a month or so but for the weekly its superb.

Do you use a sponge(cough) for your media.

I still used it 2bm just for rinsing the sponge out before i use the ONR, do you do the same

A sponge I do indeed. A grout sponge, with some slits that I made bu cutting it up a little.

Yes - defo use the 2bm for ONR still. The colour in the second bucket is shocking by the end of it.. (tempted to introduce a third bucket! lol)

Might be an idea (if you haven't already..) to get a little 1ltre pump-sprayer on the go for the lower areas, or, areas that are encrusted with grime! :)

I have one of these and use it. I usually keep a panel in front with the little pump sprayer. The rinse bucket is a mess after, i couldnt beleive it.
Do you find even if you wash your sponge, its still dirty looking after.

I use a grout sponge also, why do you cut slits in the sponge(curious) plz tell all

Usually after I've rinsed the sponge, it's back to clean and OK to move on with around the car.

I copied one of the guides set up on DW for the ONR wash methods.. Damon, the chap involved, put a few horizontal and vertical slits in the sponge to create 'channels'.. Whether or not it helps me or not, I do not know - I guess the idea is to give the dirt somewhere to go (away from the surface)

Mind, after I've cleaned said area with the slitted side, I switch it over usually and give a few more passes on the solid edge, so... *shrugs*

We played around with ONR several years ago (and briefly stocked it too), but no matter what method we adopted (and we tried many) the end result was always the same; a degree of marring in the finish when inspected under intense lighting. As a result we decided not to continue using it or stocking it. I think the idea of waterless wash products is a wonderful one, but sadly until marring can be 100% eliminated its just not something we can adopt/subscribe to... otherwise many of the people that use our services would be unhappy bunnies. :sm4:

That's a fair point rich.

I have yet to use this stuff on my Audi. I think I would only use this
if my car was fairly clean to start with, which it usually is because it
sits it the garage most days.

For my work/everyday car it's great. It's so quick and easy. I really take care
when washing and have yet to see any marring.

I will be using this for the daily driver weekly and snow foam and 2bm once
a month.

I don't get any satisfaction out of cleaning the work car so if a little marring does
happen it's not going to bother me to much. It's still mint for a work car.
So my point is that it takes me less than half the time with onr and it's a workhorse
so it works for me.

Will still be buying my products from you guys(apart from onr)
thanks Robert

Good points about the time savings on a daily driver/runaround; maybe we need to think a little more broadly about what we stock... as long as appropriate caveats are given on the site regarding usage and risks. Food for thought!

As a pre show wash, this stuff is great. But would rather spend the time with the hose/PW at the weekends for the standard weekly wash.

As a pre show wash, this stuff is great. But would rather spend the time with the hose/PW at the weekends for the standard weekly wash.

Totally agree !!
You cant beat a PW and TBM but its the time.
I suppose if you had a foam lance and filtered water that would cancel out ONR maybe.
I have ONR myself and use it before I nip to Morrisons for a plain water jet wash, does the job very well.

well rich, i use it to save time and if you stocked it i would buy from pb.

The pressure wash and 2bm is defo the better option. The thing is time, like you guys say.

Like today freezing outside but the car is dirty. ONR two buckets (warm) little pressurised pump container, now the cars clean. (My hose is still frozen)

I know this is sacriledge, but I just don't wash it if I can either during very cold days/weeks or during massive down pours. Simple fact, I would rather leave the protection underneath to do it's job, rather than risking marring.

Muccy conditions = greatly increased risk of marring.
No hose? Same idea.

The weather in this country changes so quickly it is likely to have risen in temperature 2-5 days down the line.

If care is taken, there is no reason your car will be at any greater risk. There are plenty of pro detailiers that use ONR. You can still marr your paint with a 2bm if abused.

If care is taken, there is no reason your car will be at any greater risk. There are plenty of pro detailiers that use ONR. You can still marr your paint with a 2bm if abused.

Your car is always going to be at greater risk during winter due to build up and road conditions. The worse state your car is in to start with, the more likely a piece of dirt is to be transferred to your wash mitt from your bucket, regardless of pre foaming, PWing and 2BM.