Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

Megs wheel brightener or something else....

Right guys need your help. Basically my wheel brighter is running out. Whilst its been really good on my mancy alloys (from previous owner) im just wondering if next i should get something a little less "potent" / acidic on them. thoughts please...
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Bilberry works well, been using it now since Xmas and is very good as you can dilute to what ever you need, up to 10:1 and very good value and smells nice too lol. Well worth the money imho! Also it is non acidic but don't get it in your eyes!
    Audi S4 1999 Facelift Stock.

Polished Bliss

Status
    Our offerings in this area of cleaning can be found on this link - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...l-brushes.html. If they are now super clean and a gentle cleaner will suffice then Blackfire Gel Wheel & Tyre Cleaner is awesome. However, if you want something stronger that is safer than Wheel brightener in the long run then Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel is pretty damn awesome, and what we use these days on most of the details we do (at varying dilution strengths depending on the strength needed).

1st Gear

Status
    If you have them clean. seal them with a wheel sealer or wax. Then the next time you come to wash them fill a spray bottle with some of your car shampoo and water spray on, a light brush should bring them up sweet. If you use your normal shampoo, this will not strip the sealer/wax either.

This option saves you buying anymore products you dont really need.
    52 plate black s3,Star performance remap, 18" bbs lm reps, adjustable tie bars, bilstein b8s, eibach springs, forge 007p, panel filter, covered in rg55

Reverse Gear

Status
    I use Signature Wheel Gel and it is superb well worth the money all day long and very long lasting results

6th Gear

Status
    I have the poorboys wheel sealant that I use and also the blackfire metal sealant. I think I need something milder then the megs wb but still strong enough for the cacked on brake dust etc from motorways n my ferodoo pads. Looking like the gloss it stuff potentially.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

1st Gear

Status
    S3 Rav when you seal your wheels does the brake dust not come off fairly easy. I regularly seal my wheel (once a month) and every time i washthe wheels (with shampoo + water) the brake dust comes off no problem. I have the same pads also.
    52 plate black s3,Star performance remap, 18" bbs lm reps, adjustable tie bars, bilstein b8s, eibach springs, forge 007p, panel filter, covered in rg55

6th Gear

Status
    Yea the dust comes off fairly well but sometimes I don't get to clean the car for a good few weeks. But that's a good few weeks which accounts to over a thousand miles a month of motorway n London driving. Looking back perhaps I should be sealing them more often. Usually do them about once a couple months or so bud.

1st Gear

Status
    bilberry wheel cleaner for me mate

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Yea the dust comes off fairly well but sometimes I don't get to clean the car for a good few weeks. But that's a good few weeks which accounts to over a thousand miles a month of motorway n London driving. Looking back perhaps I should be sealing them more often. Usually do them about once a couple months or so bud.
    I see. If your doing high millage, i would try and seal them once a month mate. This doesnt take much time and you will have far cleaner wheels, when doing a normal wash.

I have and sometimes use bilberry, but this stuff cuts into your sealant also.

Drive It Like You Stole It

Status
    Another bilberry user here!!
    once sealed, you don't even need 10:1......20:1 will do the job nicely with a couple of layers of wheel sealant on, so a 1 liter bottle of bilberry will make 20 liters of cleaner which is top value for me!

Ryan
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

Professional Detailer

Status
    Another vote for the Gloss-It wheel gel, probably my most favourite product from last year!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I would recomend espauma revolution, give it try you wont be disapointed.

Gav