Stone chip re-spray - Stafford Area

Moby Dick

Reaction score
Hi,

Am a new owner of an A3 Sportback and so far all ok. However!!

I bought the car from a garage stupidly when it was raining and dark. Slap myself here...

The front end on cleaning has chips proliferating the whole of the front end. Though not bad from a distance is not good to touch or close up. Have taken it up with garage but don't want to know...

I have tried t-cutting but no where near harsh enough, God knows where the car had been to get this treatment as the rest of the car is great.

So come the new year am looking the getthe front end blown over to get it looking s good as it should. It is an 05 in Mauritius Blue Met. Can anyone give me an indication of what sort of price I would be looking at for front end and bonnet front for this? And also any recomendations for a paint shop in Stafford for a reasonable job for a reasonable price!!

It is spoiling my ownership of the car which I have had for only a few weeks and already had to take it back as the reversing sensors were knackered and now the rear wash wipe has no fluid getting to the wiper, a common problem I am told and there is a noise from I believe a wheel bearing.

Help restore my faith,

Cheers,

Phil....

Cant really offer any advice on where to get a respray done ore what you should be paying but, it seems a little exreeme to me to want the front end sprayed for a couple of chips.

My s4 was covered in 'gravel rash' on the front bumper and leading edge of the bonnet, and its something which i think comes with motorway mileage.

I repaired mine with a dr.colour chip kit http://drcolorchip.com/ which was sent from America. I was sceptical about the kit, but researched it on detailing world and took the plunge.

Other than that, a smart repairs dude will do a good job which is almost invisible, a few quid cheaper, and keeps the original paint on your front end.

Ryan

Cheers Ryan, Had a look at the website and didn't know about this product at all! Looks brilliantsn and just what I am after if cheaper than a blow over! My car looks so much like this:

7.jpg

Have never had a car with it before so didn't realise how common it was. Will look further into this and see what happens. Was it as easy to apply as they are suggesting?

Cheers,

Phil...

If its as bad as that....I think you may be better off with a respray:sign_omg:

Mine was similar but not half as bad!!

If you go on detailingworld.co.uk and search dr colourchip, you'll find before and afters, step by step guides etc

Ryan

Any updates. I have the same problem on my A3, great paint, but a poor front end. Thats the bonnet and the bumper moulding.

stoke on trent........come down i know a couple of guys.gud painters.

Moby ****,

Looks like you need it resprayed! Its about £100 a panel. Bit far maybe but theres an ace guy on the Wirral

Cheers for the replies. Since this thread I have arranged to have my other car sprayed on a couple of panels the result of which will see if the audi goes there. I have chosen on recommendation http://www.bodymatters-uk.com/ so will see the outcome. And if good the audi will be intoo.

It is the one thing that is putting me off the car as it does everything well otherwise, though could be a little more engaging to drive.

Will keep you posted and thanks for keeping up with the thread folks.

Phil...