Range Rover Classic - 94

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Range Rover Classic – 1994

Not the most in-depth report unfortunately, but, thought a few of you would appreciate seeing the car. :)

Product

• AutoSmart G101
• AutoSmart Tardis
• AutoGlym Fast Glass
• Chemical Guys JetSEAL109
• Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel
• Dodo Juice LimePrime
• Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
• Dodo Juice Supernatural
• LTT Auto Ultra Foam
• LTT Auto Ultra Protect
• Meguiars Super Degreaser
• Meguiars Last Touch
• Meguiars All-Season Dressing
• Sonus Mild Green Clay
• ValetPRO Super-snowfoam
• Zaino Z8

• Kestral SIM-180
• 3M Polishing pads
• VAX 6131 extraction machine

Being a mint low mileage collector’s car, it was in great shape before I arrived.

IMG_0265.jpg

12 hours later however, I left it like this:

DSC08392wd.jpg

First up on this cold Wintery morning, was the engine bay.

Befores:

DSC08259wd.jpg

DSC08260wd.jpg

DSC08261wd.jpg

DSC08262wd.jpg
DSC08263wd.jpg

After:

DSC08267wd.jpg

DSC08270wd.jpg

DSC08271wd.jpg

Moving on to the door shuts/intricate areas next.

This was about as dirty as it got!

DSC08272wd.jpg

DSC08274wd.jpg

Tyres scrubbed with Degreaser. Arches flushed with an APC/Degreaser and agitated. Alloys cleaned with G101 and Tardis used to lift a couple of stubborn marks.

Snow-foam delivered.

DSC08278wd.jpg

Rinsed. Re-foamed and washed with two buckets, lambswool mitt and Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild.

DSC08283wd.jpg

At this point I was struggling. Who’d of thought you’d have to worry about water marks in December! The sun was beaming down in over the river; I had to pack-up and head inside for the claying stage.

Some of the swirls to contend with later..

DSC08284wd.jpg

DSC08285wd.jpg

DSC08286wd.jpg

DSC08287wd.jpg

Before/After with Limeprime.

DSC08295wd.jpg

DSC08294wd.jpg

Yet again, Limeprime breaking all the rules.

Working my way around. 50/50 on the o/s rear door in artificial light:

DSC08301wd.jpg

Natural light:

DSC08306wd.jpg

And with flash:

DSC08308wd.jpg

An amazing difference. Such lovely paint, too.

A bit of a 50/50 on the tailgate:

DSC08311wd.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving one or two deeper nicks.

DSC08312wd.jpg

DSC08321wd.jpg

DSC08322wd.jpg

DSC08325wd.jpg

DSC08326wd.jpg
DSC08328wd.jpg

Upon Limeprime completion, Supernatural was layed down, dressings attended to, alloys sealed, exhaust cleaned and a final wipeover given. End of day one.

DSC08331wd.jpg

DSC08336wd.jpg
DSC08346wd.jpg

DSC08342wd.jpg

DSC08348wd.jpg

DSC08345wd.jpg

DSC08353wd.jpg

DSC08357wd.jpg

Rise ‘n shine – we’re back to finish the interior and give a final Z8 wipe-down.

Leather cleaned and protected with LTT. Minimal dirt lifted from the leather due to it’s cleanliness from the start.

DSC08360wd.jpg

DSC08365wd.jpg

DSC08368wd.jpg

DSC08370wd.jpg

DSC08388wd.jpg

Finalise a few finishing touches on the outside and give the all important Z8 wipe-down.

DSC08379wd.jpg

Fortunately, the sun was on our side in the late morning. This allowed for some stunning photos..

DSC08390wd.jpg

DSC08391wd.jpg

DSC08392wd.jpg

DSC08393wd.jpg

DSC08396wd.jpg

DSC08397wd.jpg

DSC08398wd.jpg

DSC08400wd.jpg

DSC08403wd.jpg

Great work there as always! :o.k:

Just wanted to add that you've missed out blocking the reg on a couple of the pics.

Coss.

Good spot mate, but, yeah - it's ok. I only blocked a couple that were used elsewhere.. The owner was fine with the reg plates being visible.

Great work, always like looking at your posts. what camera do you use?

Sony a100 D-SLR, Ras :)

Some nice reports to follow in the New Year.

Happy Xmas all.

That's a fantastic finish! I've not used many of the products on your list. I was really impressed with the effect of the Lime Prime on the swirls. What is it, a cutting polish? Do you apply it by hand or machine?

Final question, what did you use for the engine bay & how do you apply it? I always give my S3 bay a quick wipe over when I wash the car, but I'd like to give it a proper clean sometime.

Last edited:
Thanks Doctor.

Where abouts in Notts are you? I'm just down the road in Newark :)

The Range came up nicely. What a fantastic example of a classic car.

Limeprime is a pre-wax cleanser (Sets a base in readiness for a wax..) but, it contains micro-abrasives (so it has a bit of 'bite')

You can apply by hand, but, to get the most of the abrasives, I apply by machine. I use a 3M Yellow Polishing pad. It's hit and miss.. Some cars (like the Range..) can clean up quite nicely, but others, Limeprime will be laughed at. On a cutting scaled of 1-10, it's probably ~3.5? Not sure.

Engine bay was cleaned up with a mix of Megs APC (all purpose cleaner) and a degreaser. Dressing wise, I used Meguiars All-Seaon Dressing - I spritz it onto a MF cloth and apply as and where required (to avoid over-splatter)

Here's a shot of my old S3 bay, and, my current b6 A4 Avant.

40f2ecf5.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Thanks for the info Jimmeh. I'm only a stone's throw away from you, in Bingham.

I have previously used Autoglym products, but having bought my S3 in the summer I've discovered a whole new world of detailing and the infamous "2-bucket" wash method! Heck, Santa even brought me a lambswool mitt & a microfibre towel to replace my old sponge & chamois! :icon_thumright:

The S3 paintwork (light silver) is all original with no dings and very few swirls, so I'm on the lookout for some decent detailing products to keep it in tip-top condition.

Autoglym is OK. Super Resin Polish is highly underated. SRP > EGP is still a combo I use on some of my small Protection Details.

lol - half of my family received wash products of some type, too
icon_thumright.gif

For silver, I'd have to reccomend the Jeffs Werkstat kit. Check out Polished Bliss' site for more info. Up to you whether you had it corrected or not though..