Tar spots (Alloys)

James.Asbri

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi all

Finally managed to clean the car today after weeks of waiting due to the weather, when cleaning the alloys I have been challenged by severe tar spots, I thoroughly cleaned the alloys which just didn't budge them, tried Autosmart Tardis which also failed, not sure as to what my next option is?

Any help would be much appreciated!

James

Damn. I came on here to tell you to try Tardis. But, you beat me too it!

Hmm. Pretty stubborn then, eh? Have you tried claying the wheels?

Dam it jimmeh you beat me too it too. I would have said the same tardis.Have you brushed the tardis on to try and help move it a little also leave a minute or so to soak. Or option 2 is clay bar as said above :icon_thumright:

Yeah I know, I just haven't had time to clean the car, and when I do get the chance the British weather takes over and tells me no.

I have got a clay bar, not a clue how to use it properly though? That will have to be the next stage then by the looks of it, haven't really got a tough brush to give that a go.

Only trouble is I don't get chance after work because its dark so it'll have to wait until next weekend, don't want to let that happen but thats the way it is unfortunately. Wish I got it detailed properly when new so it is easier to maintain, still waiting for Polished Bliss to move to Cardiff. . Still dreaming though!

Thanks for the advise!

James

Claying is simple mate just keep it well lubed and you cant really go wrong. As for the wheels when you do get them back to scratch give them a good few coats of rim wax or collinite is good. Makes it easier for maintenance. :)

Yeah I've tried that, just couldn't get the hang of it. I've got no option anyway, its got to be done so i'll keep going until I get the hang of it, could be out there hours.

Yeah I got Poorboys Wheel Sealent but just haven't got round to it, would much easier if my dad didn't get the garage bricked up and turned it into a dining room, what a stupid idea!

Any pics? and are you sure it's tar? I removed massive amounts of tar (about the same size as golf balls!) from the inner rims of an R8 last week with Tardis and if I'm honest I'd far rather persist with Tardis than claying...

No I haven't sorry, didn't even think of that. . If only I had a brain. I will try and get some tomorrow morning before work, I go to work in the dark and home in the dark so difficult to get any photographs. Yeah, I think so anyway as I can't think of anything else that it could be?

you want some stuff called blue gel wheel cleaner! you can get in from North East Detailing in pelton, chester le street!when i first got my s3 it looked like it hadnt been cleaned for a good long while, i bought some of this and it shifted every singl mark off the wheels!
I payed about £15 for 5 litres, ths might sound like alot but you can dilute it down into smaller bottles so the concentration isnt as strong and sell it!
Its the best stuff ive ever used and highly recommend it!!!