Dont like elephant anymore!

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
B*stards! Not impressed one bit.

So when i renewed my insurance last november, i *thought* i took out a 10month policy so that i could get a years NCB quicker... Turns out, it was a 12 month policy...Tghat in itself was NOT a problem, but means i was running round undelcared, completely innocently!!! The price for both was the same, but one was 10 months with mod declared, and the other was 12 month undeclared. Lucky i didnt have an accident! The best bit tho, was when i said "ok, add these mods to the remainder of the policy(2 months remaining), and i will just pay it" they come back with "sorry, we cant insure you, and we have now cancelled your policy as you have done the modifications already!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif Oh i was mad! AND to top it off, ive lost a years NCB in the process. I was absolutely fuming! I've got them checking the recording from last year when i took out the policy to see whos mistake it was in not taking the 10month policy... IF it was mine (which i honestly believe it is not) then fair enough..bit of a **** up and i'll just have to pay... if its theirs, i will my policy made out to be a 10 month (will finish wednesday) and get the years NCB. Adrian flux have quoted me £2000 as the maximum i will have to pay...cheapest being about £1600... a few £££ more than i was quoted online, but apparantly, you shouldnt believe the online one so much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

So not too happy today! and elephant have seriosuly fallen in my list of good insurance companies. I said to them that IF i have screwed up, then i will not drive the car for 2 months and let the policy expire... but thats not good enough apparently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

If i was you mate if they say it was your fault which i very much doubt it is,ask to here the recording if they say its your fault if it is you'll here it if not they'll back down or say they dont have it but then they cant prove it was your fault then youve got thembut stick to your guns and good luck with the buntch of conartists.

Yeah, when I changed plate they managed to mistakenly cancel my policy and I to was running around with no insurance. Came back from holiday to find a letter about being sorry to lose the business. Needless to say I called and they re-instated the policy, but not before asking if I'd had an accident in the meantime. Really dread to think what would have happened if I had. Unless they have a *huge* saving I won't be going back.

Rich, I'd watch out for the 10 month bonus accelerator plan anyway. When I was calling other companies for quotes they warned me that not many other companies accept the elephant 10 month bonus accelerator as a proper years NCB.

It would seem that just about the only company that does accept it is guess who.......Elephant! Cunning little ploy to keep you as a customer.

That said, I'm still with them as they were the cheapest by far. The bonus was that when I Called to renew, I specifically requested a 12 month policy instead of 10 like before. This meant I wasn't renewing but starting a new policy altogether. Upshot.....I got a discount as a returning customer!

[ QUOTE ]
Berkshire Flipper said:
Rich, I'd watch out for the 10 month bonus accelerator plan anyway. When I was calling other companies for quotes they warned me that not many other companies accept the elephant 10 month bonus accelerator as a proper years NCB.

It would seem that just about the only company that does accept it is guess who.......Elephant! Cunning little ploy to keep you as a customer.

That said, I'm still with them as they were the cheapest by far. The bonus was that when I Called to renew, I specifically requested a 12 month policy instead of 10 like before. This meant I wasn't renewing but starting a new policy altogether. Upshot.....I got a discount as a returning customer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, shall not do that again! Its just [censored] really! Luckily, one of Adrian Flux's insurers will accept the 10months as a full year (Equity Red Star)... Best to stick with a full 12 months tho i think.

Needless to say, im not going back to elephant ever... even if they WOULD insure me. Thing is i need my cover to start TODAY so that i can actually drive my car home!

Will wait to hear from them today sometime to tell me what the deal is.

Cheers

Rich