Can you wax wheels with regular car wax?

Anythings better than nothing. I have recently found autoglym wheel wax and am giving this a go, or at least the wife is with me butting in and doing it wrong. Early impressions seem favourable. The idea is if the wheels are kept waxed and smooth the brake dust and metal particals will find it more difficult to adhere to the wheels. Probably something like mehr may be good for wheels.

As far as I can see, the alloy wheels have a painted finish, so if they are washed regularly, and treated with the same quality wax you'd use for the bodywork, like Mer or Autoglym, they should be fine.

I often use "normal" wax on the wheels. I find the gold class pretty good at cleaning the tough marks off as well.
No problems so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I use Autoglym's Extra Gloss Protection and the dust just wipes off.

Just make sure you use a different cloth as no matter how clean they are you really don't wanna but brake dust on the body work!

Thanks guys!
I actually went ahead and bought some Wheel Wax the other day. I tried a little bit in one spot, and it really seems like good stuff. I have yet to find the time to apply it to the whole wheel. I plan on taking apart my wheels (They're two-piece wheels) and cleaning them really good and then applying the wax. I'll let you all know how it goes. If anybody doesn't know about wheel wax, here's a website. www.wheelwax.com I know they have a UK site, but I am not sure what it is.

arrr someone mentioned mer that turned my white car into cream but suppose i could use the remainder on my wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

auto glym wheel clean, comes in a spray can and has no abrasive in it, its a waxand protector in one ive chrome alloys and its the only thing that you can use on chrome wheels! its amazing and that new liquid tyre spray spray on and leave for instant new tyre look

Rimwax is carnauba wax specifically designed for wheels any type, it is heat resitant and deflects brake dust and reduces build up by up to 75%. Its smells like bubble gum and is so easy to use!!!!:hubbahubba: