Meguiars Clay Bar

Distiller

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my experiences with everyone about the Meguiars Clay Bar.

Because some fu<ker parked in my spot I was forced to park where part of the roof is open. Unfortunately our block of flats has been recently painted and the painters have left lots of spare paint around. It rained that night and horrifyingly some of the paint/thinner leaked on to my 04 moro blue cab.

I washed it with Gold Class, but I still had lots of small splashes of paint / thinner on the rear section of the body.

I then tried Meguiars Body Scrub which removed a small amount of the stains. I had lost hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I then used the clay bar and spent probably an hour mainly on the boot. I have removed perhaps 98% of the stains and most of the surface looks very good now and is really only noticeable when you are 6" away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will do the rest on the weekend.

So I can definitely recommend this stuff to anyone in a similar situation.

How have you found the clay bar, mine is always soft and squidgy, is that right or is it supposeded to be hard? I have noticed that some times faint scratches can be seen where I have used the bar, is this what you get. On the otherhand it does make the bodywork glass smooth.