EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: alloy wheels

Neutral

Status

alloy wheels

after cleaning the ingrained dirt off of my wheels lately, i noticed that there is some kerbing on the front two. i cnt afford to get them professionally done at the mo, so will do a diy job on them to keep them tidied over. does anyone know the paintcode for them? thanks!!

edit: apologies, wanted to post a pic of them but kind find the attachments button (its late!, or early?! ) anywhoo, there 18 inch nine spoke genuine audi alloys, the older RS4 ones. there the greyey silverey colour. thanks again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Found this with a spot of looking, but should be the right colour and you get a guide too!

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml

Also, in the A4 the list of codes is found in the boot where the spare wheel is but I'm not sure if would include a wheel code

Neutral

Status
    thanks for that jlillington. very good and usefull guide. will def come in handy, and will hopefully save me the trouble of trial and error!

Neutral

Status
    just purchased this diy alloy repair kit. will see how it goes, but cant go wrong for 15 euros!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Alloy-Wheel-Repai...item1c06779eb3
    Last edited by Irish EK; 7th November 2009 at 01:21.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Good luck with the repair, I need to get round to doing mine before the winter sets in

I would be careful with the kit you have though as it isnt aerosol spray so the finish may not be as good unless you are very careful!

Neutral

Status
    i know ya. i was gonna purchase some wurth spray and go down that route, but when i came across this kit i just said id try it. i will be very carefull, but if its not working out (i am pretty particular, unfortunately!), i will just rub it back abd try the wurth way. worth a go! will leave ye know how it goes.
    Last edited by Irish EK; 8th November 2009 at 09:08.