Chipping, is there anywhere......

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
Just been looking at the cost of insurance when it comes down to me getting my car chipped (insurance being the major problem).
I found this out, Standard S3 (my one), next year will cost me £760 for 10 months.
With a chip of over 10% power increase, this rises to £1390! £600 more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
But, if the chip only gave a power increase of 10% (works out to be 247.5bhp), then the premium only goes up by £100! Big saving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I know Oettinger's chips get it to 250bhp, is there anyone that quotes lower figures?

Try Liverpool & Victoria - initial premium may be slightly higher but they charge nothing for mods.

Dunc

Liverpool and Victoria

Just been on their website, and "Cars which have performance enhancing modifications." are listed as things they cannot insure. I take it it's different to what you (DuncS3) got when you tried them?

Cheers anyways,

There was another thread on here somewhere about them think it was called frizzle who are owned by liverpool victoria either way i've seen it in the TT or other trades forum thingy.Please correct me if im wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm with DL and when I had my car chipped it went up £150!

Ring around.. Also try Adrian Flux they are quite good!

Rich.

Is that for a whole year they want to charge me £72 from now till march for 0%-10% increase sure they said that would be around £12 a month.Con artists they are.

Yeah I took my insurance out (Approx £700) and then 1 month later chipped it and they increased it to £840 IIRC.

Wasn't bad IMHO! The car was transformed so it was defo woth while!