Cleaning Cabriolet Roof ?????

taylormartin

Reaction score
I recently cleaned my cab roof with some turtle soft top cleaner and it was basically crap, so does anybody know of any other good cleaners? Also whats the best thing to clean it with, i used a sponge, is there anything else available?

Off the shelf, I dont think the AutoGlym kit is bad (halfords..) I quite like using their sponge in the kit to be fair..

I recentely had some work on a mk1. Golf cabriolet and used the 303 aerospace cleaner.. with a bit of light agitation, it came up quite well.. (just make sure you rinse thoroughly (cautious if using a pressure washer) and protect it afterwards.)

DSC04854wd.jpg

DSC04859wd.jpg

DSC04863wd.jpg

DSC04896wd.jpg

DSC04923wd.jpg

DSC04877wd.jpg

DSC04959wd.jpg

I agree the 303 stuff is great although I have found Renovo products to be excellent.

Whatever you do make sure that you apply a good sealer afterwards as the cleaning operation will remove any waterproofing and you will quickly get mildew growth, in this respect I didnt rate the Autoglym sealer at all

I recently renovated my roof if you look further down in this forum

303 Convertible Top Cleaner followed by 303 Fabric Guard for us every time... which is why we offer the same package, as kindly linked above! :laugh: