Spilt Tango on Seat

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh!!!! Went to KFC and there was a speedbump at the exit and then spilt tango on the seat!

It's kinda stained now! What's the best way to get the stain out??? It's cloth interior.

Also what's the best water repellent I should use to put on the seats!

Thanks.

Try some vanish foam mate as worked well for cat pee on my seat that has alcantara, cleaner than when I originally got my new seats last year, lol

Bought myself a can of Vanish foam carpet cleaner thingy today and just applied it onto the stain. Will see how it turns out in a couple of hours! or tommorow morning in the daytime.

Will it need going over a couple of times before the stain fully disappears?

Also would it be ok to use the foam as a cloth cleaner for all the car seats? As I'm thinking about doing a good clean of the interior.

Finally, can you recommend any good water repellent thing for the seat. Don't want something like this happening again!

TBH PB are the boys to ask, but with the vanish I left it for a short time on a test area & then worked it in with a make sure clean tea towel or small towel so it lifted the crap of, so dont leave it sitting there over night or even few hours, work it in immediately & try & get the stain out with some elbow grease as sometimes leaving these liquids on for long time can itself leave a slight watermark, I coated the whole bottom center seat area, then worked it in & boy did it come up clean, lol, no cat pee smell either, tango is somewhat more coloured so hopefully will help, but as said if in doubt ask PB best option or infact ask N8 as he's a very good detailer.

We'r recommend 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner for the satin removal, followed by 303 High Tech Fabric Guard to proof the fabrics afterwards. The latter is an excellent product, and has proven itself to be capable of withstanding a full cup of McDonalds coke without staining (unfortunate accident Clark had in his WR1 recently!). Full details about each product here...

303 Fabric Cleaner - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/303-fabric-and-vinyl-cleaner-interior.html

303 Fabric Guard - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/303-high-tech-fabric-guard-interior.html

:icon_thumright:

TBH PB are the boys to ask, but with the vanish I left it for a short time on a test area & then worked it in with a make sure clean tea towel or small towel so it lifted the crap of, so dont leave it sitting there over night or even few hours, work it in immediately & try & get the stain out with some elbow grease as sometimes leaving these liquids on for long time can itself leave a slight watermark, I coated the whole bottom center seat area, then worked it in & boy did it come up clean, lol, no cat pee smell either, tango is somewhat more coloured so hopefully will help, but as said if in doubt ask PB best option or infact ask N8 as he's a very good detailer.

Went over the seat with Vanish foam a couple of times and the stain is still there. When you did it, did the foam give the area a darker colour? (forgot the technical word)

We'r recommend 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner for the satin removal, followed by 303 High Tech Fabric Guard to proof the fabrics afterwards. The latter is an excellent product, and has proven itself to be capable of withstanding a full cup of McDonalds coke without staining (unfortunate accident Clark had in his WR1 recently!). Full details about each product here...

303 Fabric Cleaner - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/303-fabric-and-vinyl-cleaner-interior.html

303 Fabric Guard - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/303-high-tech-fabric-guard-interior.html

:icon_thumright:

How long will the 59ml Fabric Cleaner last? Will I will be able to clean a whole seat with it? or a couple of seats?

Protection wise, how long will the Fabric Guard last for? Couple of weeks or months?

Thanks.

Well when using on the alcantara it initially does go darker as its wet, but after going over few times & rubbing it in to bring out the stain then it come good & actually was cleaner than before easily, puts drivers seat to shame, must be a fair bit of tango on your seat then to not bring the stain out, but do as PB advise cause they're the pro's mate, I was just thinking on my toes as didnt want cat pee to dry in, worked for me & was cheap option, sorry it hasnt helped you, if I was you I would give them a ring directly as they helped me once before on the phone with no strings & actually advised me where to go for something else aswell.

Pity still no southern branch, hint hint nudge nudge PB.