Polished Bliss vs The Batmobile

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Done by Clark, posted by me...

---

Yesterday saw this Lamborghini Gallardo belonging to a very good friend of ours come in for a 1 day All Surface Protection Detail, due to the stealthy appearance of the car it's started to be known as the Batmobile - hence the title :D

The car itself has been driven "enthusiastically" over it's short life and has competed in 2 Gumball Rallies aswell as having a full camouflage body wrap at one point, so being solid black it was looking a bit tired:

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

Previous machine polishing attempts were easily visible by the buffer trails and product sling:

C4.jpg

C8.jpg

C6.jpg

C7.jpg

C9.jpg

C10.jpg

C12.jpg

C13.jpg

A quick tip for you all - Don’t leave your car with a window half down in a damp garage or there's a good chance you'll get this....

C5.jpg

Good grief!

Clearly the car could have been doing with a lot more than just a 1 day detail but the owner is the first to admit he isn’t overly fussed about swirl free paintwork etc so a good general clean up was agreed as the most sensible option.

The front and rear grills were removed for easier access for cleaning:

C11.jpg

C14.jpg

Then as always, the wheels were done first:

Gloss-It wheel gel (4:1) was used with the various brushes:

C15.jpg

C16.jpg

C17.jpg

C18.jpg

Then rinsed (the inner rims were dry of paint and a bit rough so they only came up around 90%):

C19.jpg

Arches and tyres were then cleaned with Meguiars Super Degreaser:

C20.jpg

There was a large amount of tar in the arch liners...

C21.jpg

...so out came the Tardis and a MF towel:

Before:

C22.jpg

After:

C23.jpg

The car was then foamed with APC at 60 degrees:

C24.jpg

This was thoroughly rinsed and then all the exterior trim etc were cleaned with APC and a brush:

C27.jpg

C28.jpg

C29.jpg

C30.jpg

C31.jpg

The engine bay was sprayed with R222 and then agitated:

C25.jpg

I then rinsed at 60 degrees and left the engine to idle for 5 minutes to help with the drying, as you can see from the steam it doesn’t take long for the heat to build up from the V10!

C26.jpg

With all the little details completed the car was then washed with the 2 bucket method and Meguiars Shampoo Plus. After rinsing this then highlighted the defects in the paint even more now the bodywork was clean:

C32.jpg

After a quick going over the bodywork with Tardis to remove some minor tar spots I moved the car inside for claying. Surprisingly the clay took next to no contaminants off the paint or glass:

C33.jpg

When it comes to preparing a car with swirly paint that’s only in for 1 day we usually glaze to try and fill/hide as much of the defects as possible but once inside the buffer trails and massive amounts of scratches were clearly visible, making the paint extremely dull and milky looking:

C35.jpg

C36.jpg

Luckily, having the fast acting Meguiars 205 to hand for a good few months now I was confident of making a vast improvement without taking multiple hours to complete. So with the Kestrel and a Gloss-It green polishing pad, I worked the polish at speed 6 with alot of heavy pressure for the first few passes before stepping down to speed 4 and using very light pressure. This took no longer than glazing but produced far better results:

We went from this:

C37.jpg

To this:

C38.jpg

Obviously loads of scratches left but alot of clarity and depth restored to the paint.

Left side of the bonnet polished, right side untouched:

C34.jpg

The paintwork was then cleansed with Raceglaze Pre Wax Cleanser and then waxed with Vintage.

The wheels were also given a spruce up with the machine:

C40.jpg

C39.jpg

I then sealed them with Blackfire Metal Sealant:

C41.jpg

For the tailpipes (which had been removed from the full Tubi system - my god the car sounds nice!!) a combination of Blackfire, Brilliant and Meguiars metal polishes were used as well as the dremel:

C42.jpg

Side by side comparison:

C43.jpg

The engine bay was dressed with 303:

C57.jpg

C56.jpg

The interior was fully detailed including the leather, which was cleaned and fed with Raceglaze leather products:

C46.jpg

The plastics and vinyls were thoroughly wiped with APC and then a new product from Raceglaze to ensure the mould didn’t re-appear:

C45.jpg

C55.jpg

The faded trim around the boot was dressed with Meguiars All Season Dressing:

C47.jpg

After just over 12 hours of work and a wipe down this morning with Werkstat Carnauba Glos, this is how it looked:

C48.jpg

C49.jpg

C50.jpg

C51.jpg

C52.jpg

C53.jpg

C54.jpg

C58.jpg

C59.jpg

C60.jpg

C61.jpg

C62.jpg

C63.jpg

C64.jpg

C65.jpg

C66.jpg

C67.jpg

C68.jpg

C69.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Clark

That is absolutely stunning Richard. just shows us what experts in the field of Detailing you guys are!

Wow, Nice work! Looks like the owner didnt give a Fudge about the condition of the car....:no:

Nothing changes, just skill & professional as always, nice job boys.

Just goes to show what experts can achieve I suppose, if only I was at the same level!

Incredible work as always guys, gutted that I'm such a distance away, I would quite happily leave my car with you. Keep up the good work!