No Foam When Washing

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am using blackfire shampoo when I wash my car, with a megs microfibre mitt and a noodle microfibre mitt, but I get no suds whatsoever.
Is it worth getting a snow foam lance, and does this foam actually lift the dirt off the car?

I find my snowfoam lance really usefull. I tend to give it a coat of foam and leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off before washing it as normal. It does lift a lot of the crud/squashed flies off it, most of it comes off when you rinse it.

I was unsure when I got it as its quite an outlay in cash but now I've used it I'm happy I've got one :)

I tend to lob whatever solution that left in the foam bottle in the wash bucket when I wash it....gives loads of suds then :)

T

Hi Chris, suds aren't essential, rather it's the quality of lubrication imparted to the water that is most important. However, in my experience the Blackfire shampoo generates a lot of suds, but needs a high pressure stream of water to do this. When you next fill your suds bucket, two thirds fill it with hot water from the tap at low pressure, then fill it to the top with your hose at high pressure. This will activate the suds and generate a lot of foam. Using a foam lance is an excellent way of pre-washing the car in a touchless fashion, but is by no means essential. See this illustrated discussion for more info...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice-faq.html#1.2

:icon_thumright: