Snow Foam On Cabrio Hood

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Hello,

The other halfs off on her hols for a week and I've been tasked with detailing her TT. Its a cabrio and I'm just wondering if its OK to get snowfoam on the hood? :think:

I'll be using Valet Pro PH Neutral by the way.

Cheeeeeers! :thumbsup:

Tom

As long as it's pH neutral then you should be fine; Meguiars Hyper Wash is certainly safe in this respect, so if the Valet Pro product is comparable then you should be good to go. Any lingering doubts call Greg! :yes:

As long as it's pH neutral then you should be fine; Meguiars Hyper Wash is certainly safe in this respect, so if the Valet Pro product is comparable then you should be good to go. Any lingering doubts call Greg! :yes:

Thanks very much, I may get on the phone tomorrow and discuss if there's anything you can recommend to give it a good clean as its got a bit of green stuff around the bottom. I was thinking APC with an old tooth brush?.

T

Morning Tom

If/when I have a soft-top to do, I'd rinse well, and then use 303 fabric/convertible cleaner. Light agitation with a firm sponge/soft brush for the engrained areas and rinse WELL! Lots of overlapping passes when rinsing - you'll be surprised how long it takes. Afterwards (when dry), I'd cover in 303 fabric guard to protect.

Then, in the usual wash process, I try and avoid getting the snowfoam up there.. but, I have done and cleaned it this way in the past.

mk1 Golf cabriolt on Thursday and a b6 A4 cabriolet on Sunday, so, plenty of practise :D

Cheers buddy, to be fair a blast off with the jetwash will be a start....she's NEVER cleaned her car in 7 months of ownership...drives me up the ****** wall!!.

I've just tucked up the mk1 cabriolet for the night and, man what a mess the roof is in! ha!! It's green. (Original colour, cream =/ )

Should be fun.

...watch this space.