AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    essex boy :)

Status

nail polish removal?i need help :(

went out to work this morning and noticed what seemes to be like nail varnish spread over my car act of jealosy!!!!!!

does anybody know of anyway i can remove it safely?would appreciate any help,i hate people that muck around with people's cars espeacially when they know it's there pride and joy
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    thats just fecking wrong ..., id try non acitone nail polish remover the paints alot harder than the nail polish so shpuld be fine....

once you get the nail varnish off polish it with meguires scratch x to remove any stains or scuffs ....

swirl buster

Status
    try some tar and glue remover, should shift it with no probs

Status
    good news! i got it sorted the other day,forgot to update this thread (sorry guys).
    tar remover wasn't strong enough as the polish was so thick!
    i applied a small amount of nail polish remover inside the boot and waited,nothing happened so using the tips of cotton buds i kept rubbing over the polish and took around 90% of it off,then gave it a coat of tar remover and with some elbow grease the remains just wiped over Happy days!!
    100 cottons buds,nail polish remover and half a bottle of tar remover later my paint is back to normal
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Next up - remap,exhaust

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Lucky!I bet thats a relief
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

5th Gear

Status
    phew, glad you got it sorted mate. some people are pathetic...

Status
    some people are very pathetic!! took a few hours and some hard graft to get it off but glad it's done now and i'll have a garage to store it in soon too so no more vandalism!

Next up - remap,exhaust

swirl buster

Status
    glad you got it sorted dude!

Polished Bliss

Status
    Well done buddy, it sucks when people do this (my own car was vandalised a few weeks ago), so I'm glad you managed to sort it yourself.

Status
    cheers m8,was pretty gld i managed to sort it out myself.was dreading the possibility of costly repair work or even respraying costs!
    thank god it's gone now.
    just about to go put on my new shiney chrome s3 mirrors when a delivery man dropped off all my new detailing goodies for the weekend
    HAPPY DAYS

Next up - remap,exhaust