How Do You Get Off Dry Wax???

emzino

Reaction score
Hi all. Car has been sitting outside for a while due to the clutch problem it has and since i had the day off, i thought id give it a good inside & out wash. I even went the extra mile of using wax for the first time and wow is it long lol. I feel like my arms going to fall off!
Even worse, its gotten into some areas thats its dried into such as inbetween the A3 and 2.0TDI symbols at the back.

Ive tried so hard to get it off but nothing.

Is there a simple solution to this?

Please help!

Best solution would be using some fine Q-tips (cotton ear buds...)

If you have an APC (All-purpose cleaner) then spray this onto soak for a few seconds and then agitate and lift off with the cotton bud.

You could also use a Quick Detailer - this will help remove the dried wax and also leave a lovely glossy shine behind !

you could get a detailing brush but these are like a tenner i went to b&q and look at there paint brushes there to coarse but i found a round wood brush for about 3 quid about an inch and qaurter diamiter its an amazing detail brush just get some suds on and paint the dry wax out its light on the paint work to works a treat ....

Some quick detailer and a kids toothbrush as they are very soft. Failing that you can use white spirit.

Quick detailer and something fine but very soft. Gotcha.

I hope Halfords got some of that, otherwise it'll be a long wait via eBay or an online company that does those products.

Many thanks everyone, it's not all bad then. Just hope it comes off! Looks bad =/

Quick detailer and towels, soft brushes and cocktail sticks first, then if this fails an APC or R222 Total Auto Wash soak followed by the same. :icon_thumright: