Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ST09's Avatar
    ``!!$al ---

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    275

    Question For All The Detailing Enthusiast !!

    Hi All,

    My car is just 2 days old .. My question is do i need to do anykind of detailing (polish,wax & etc) to preserve the paintwork or has it already been done by Audi for it to last next couple of months before it needs to be polished & waxed again.

    Thanks
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

    On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    I'd give it a clay barring and then stick a couple of layers of wax over the top to keep it looking good and give it some protection.

    If you want a really long lasting durable wax look at Collinite, gives a good enough shine. I've just moved over to Dodo Juice though and its results are better but it needs doing more often.

    Have a look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and have a browse round the wax bit. Get yourself some microfibres and applicators for a good application.

    T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  4. #3
    rowdyboy's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    802

    Protection

    Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    Hi All,

    My car is just 2 days old .. My question is do i need to do anykind of detailing (polish,wax & etc) to preserve the paintwork or has it already been done by Audi for it to last next couple of months before it needs to be polished & waxed again.

    Thanks
    If it was my car, i would lay down as much protection as possible while it was still new. Long term, its worth spending the time and money now while its still relatively "perfect". It will save you so much time, effort and money in time to come.
    Check out any of the detailling sites for products, recommendations. I know the initial outlay seems a lot but it soon pays for itself in the time you save in the future.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

  5. #4
    WX51TXR's Avatar
    Polished Bliss

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AB51 0TH
    Posts
    1,450
    As above, I'd get started with your own routine using good quality products sooner rather than later. I'm not sure if the black edition is solid or metallic, so please see both of these threads for information on ideal routines to follow along with example images of the finishes different products produce...

    Solid Black - Recommended products/routine for solid dark Audi's

    Metallic Black - Recommended products/routine for dark metallic/pearlescent Audi's

    Sometimes dealers use Supaguard whether you ask/pay for it or not, but on other occasions they may just give ita quick coat of SRP of the like, so the level of protection may be limited.


  6. #5
    ST09's Avatar
    ``!!$al ---

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR View Post
    As above, I'd get started with your own routine using good quality products sooner rather than later. I'm not sure if the black edition is solid or metallic, so please see both of these threads for information on ideal routines to follow along with example images of the finishes different products produce...

    Solid Black - Recommended products/routine for solid dark Audi's

    Metallic Black - Recommended products/routine for dark metallic/pearlescent Audi's

    Sometimes dealers use Supaguard whether you ask/pay for it or not, but on other occasions they may just give ita quick coat of SRP of the like, so the level of protection may be limited.

    Thanks for your reply .. ordered black fire & raceglaze 55 from yourselves last week .. just the weathers been crap down my end .. looking forward to this weekend as predicted we got dry saturday .

    Thanks
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

    On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

  7. #6
    dubplate Dan's Avatar
    swirl buster

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    west sussex
    Posts
    27
    can highly reccomend collinite 845 insulator wax, its extremely easy to apply and protects your car for up to a year,its hard wax equivalent is the 746-s which comes in a tin and can be a pain to apply on cooler days but good to use in the summer when the conditions are warmer.
    would also reccomend getting a sealant as this has uv protectants in it and protects your cars paint from contaminents. poorboys ex-p is very good or chemical guys m-seal/ factory sealant or jetseal 109 are all good sealants and should be applyed twice before finishing off with a layer of wax.

  8. #7
    Parklife's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    Thanks for your reply .. ordered black fire & raceglaze 55 from yourselves last week .. just the weathers been crap down my end .. looking forward to this weekend as predicted we got dry saturday .

    Thanks
    I like the blackfire products. I use the sealant and the wax and seems to be pretty durable and gives a great shine!
    Glacier White Black Edition 2.0T Fsi Quattro stronic
    Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

  9. #8
    ST09's Avatar
    ``!!$al ---

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
    I like the blackfire products. I use the sealant and the wax and seems to be pretty durable and gives a great shine!
    For how long do you leave it on before buffing .. looking forward to this saturday as dry weathers been predicted down my end.

    Thanks
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

    On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO