Question For All The Detailing Enthusiast !!

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

My car is just 2 days old .. My question is do i need to do anykind of detailing (polish,wax & etc) to preserve the paintwork or has it already been done by Audi for it to last next couple of months before it needs to be polished & waxed again.

Thanks

I'd give it a clay barring and then stick a couple of layers of wax over the top to keep it looking good and give it some protection.

If you want a really long lasting durable wax look at Collinite, gives a good enough shine. I've just moved over to Dodo Juice though and its results are better but it needs doing more often.

Have a look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and have a browse round the wax bit. Get yourself some microfibres and applicators for a good application.

T

Hi All,

My car is just 2 days old .. My question is do i need to do anykind of detailing (polish,wax & etc) to preserve the paintwork or has it already been done by Audi for it to last next couple of months before it needs to be polished & waxed again.

Thanks

If it was my car, i would lay down as much protection as possible while it was still new. Long term, its worth spending the time and money now while its still relatively "perfect". It will save you so much time, effort and money in time to come.
Check out any of the detailling sites for products, recommendations. I know the initial outlay seems a lot but it soon pays for itself in the time you save in the future.

As above, I'd get started with your own routine using good quality products sooner rather than later. I'm not sure if the black edition is solid or metallic, so please see both of these threads for information on ideal routines to follow along with example images of the finishes different products produce...

Solid Black - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73251

Metallic Black - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73252

Sometimes dealers use Supaguard whether you ask/pay for it or not, but on other occasions they may just give ita quick coat of SRP of the like, so the level of protection may be limited.

:icon_thumright:

As above, I'd get started with your own routine using good quality products sooner rather than later. I'm not sure if the black edition is solid or metallic, so please see both of these threads for information on ideal routines to follow along with example images of the finishes different products produce...

Solid Black - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73251

Metallic Black - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73252

Sometimes dealers use Supaguard whether you ask/pay for it or not, but on other occasions they may just give ita quick coat of SRP of the like, so the level of protection may be limited.

:icon_thumright:

Thanks for your reply .. ordered black fire & raceglaze 55 from yourselves last week .. just the weathers been crap down my end .. looking forward to this weekend as predicted we got dry saturday .

Thanks

can highly reccomend collinite 845 insulator wax, its extremely easy to apply and protects your car for up to a year,its hard wax equivalent is the 746-s which comes in a tin and can be a pain to apply on cooler days but good to use in the summer when the conditions are warmer.
would also reccomend getting a sealant as this has uv protectants in it and protects your cars paint from contaminents. poorboys ex-p is very good or chemical guys m-seal/ factory sealant or jetseal 109 are all good sealants and should be applyed twice before finishing off with a layer of wax.

Thanks for your reply .. ordered black fire & raceglaze 55 from yourselves last week .. just the weathers been crap down my end .. looking forward to this weekend as predicted we got dry saturday .

Thanks
I like the blackfire products. I use the sealant and the wax and seems to be pretty durable and gives a great shine!

I like the blackfire products. I use the sealant and the wax and seems to be pretty durable and gives a great shine!

For how long do you leave it on before buffing .. looking forward to this saturday as dry weathers been predicted down my end.

Thanks