Advice - Silver A3

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Well after using Colinite for a good while I thought I'd take a punt and try another wax. The Colinite is really durable which is great but I'm not convinced its bringing out the best from my paint.

Sooo, here's what I'm planning on doing to try and get the car looking a bit more bling.

Washing, claying and cleaning etc is all good so I'm wondering if once the paint is clean, dry, clayed and ready to roll this would process would be any good (car doesnt need any correction etc that I can see, paint is in good order)

Chemical Guys Acrylic Shine II
Chemical Guys Extreme Top Coat
Couple of coats of Dodo Juice Diamond White
Dodo Juice Red Mist

I've heard good things about the Diamond White so want to do things properly to get the best out of it....any thoughts?. I'm fed up of winging it so just fancy a bit of advice to make sure I'm applying my garage full of potions in the correct order :confused::wacko::whistle2:

Thanks

Tom

Use Werkstat kit? Ive been using that for a few years now. I also have a nice collection of colly, diamond white and zaino.

But I found to get a very deep shine and showing of flakes Ive used Werkstat and during winter I top up with colly to add more protection.

Give it a try.

I've read thats better suited to darker silvers but its alright on bright ones?

I think ours is the same colour. Aluminium silver right?

Works fine for me. I will give my car a wash and apply werkstatt and get some reflection pics for you.

Hopefully that will sway you :)

Well my Dodo arrived today, along with some bilberry, new microfibres etc and appliators so I gave it a go.
Applied a layer and then left it for half an hour, buffed off and then put another layer on an hour or so later......it looks fantastic. Didnt think it would look any different but the car looks so much brighter and has way more gloss. Silvers hard to get a good finish on but this stuff is excellent.

Loads better to use than the collinite, easier to buff, easy to put on and smells LUSH.

Car looks spot on now, big props for the Dodo!. I'll top it up with a spray of redmist tomorrow as advised elsewhere :)

Nearly £40 a tub but its a fairly big tub and it goes on really thin so it'll last ages.

T

Dodo is nice to use, I was given a tub of supernatural for my birthday last year and havent had a chance to use it LOL.

As I own a light coloured car like yours. But maybe the next car eh :)

Dont think wax goes off so it should be stable as long as its kept in a cool dry place.

Post some pics up :)

From what I've heard supernatural is very good on light coloured cars so it would be worth giving it ago....I know I would!.

After taking some advice about my Whote Lightning I left it for 24 hours after a couple of coats and gave it a going over with redmist and its looks spot on :)

I would get some pics but the weathers ***** here, although it does 'bead' very well indeed :)

You missed this guide then - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73248 ?!

Next time you need to purchase new products, give the Werkstat a try. We have tried everything over the years on light silver finishes, and nothing has been able to pip the finish that a few layers of Werkstat Acrylic gives (not even the mighty Zymol Vintage that is sat in our fridge). Here are some shots of my old silver Leon showing what I mean...

dscf3956.jpg

dscf3959.jpg

dscf3961.jpg

dscf3701.jpg

:thumbsup: