Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    essex boy :)

Status

polished finish wheels

hi guys,i got my new wheels yesterday and there now on the car.they are 18inch rs4 in a polished face finish with grey inserts.i've never owned a set of polished alloys before and was wondering what the best product to clean it with would be?also what could i use to help protect the finish?
    thanks in advance
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    anyone?
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Next up - remap,exhaust

Neutral

Status
    persoanlly i use Meguiars Wheel brightener to clean them, Autosmart Tardis to remove tar spots. I then use any old polish to get them clean and prep'd and then use a few layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealant to protect them.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Sonus Wheelbrite and poorboys is what I use
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Sonus Wheelbrite and poorboys is what I use
    i used meg's gold class shampoo for the car and wheels then dried them,polished them with meg's quick detailer come up lovely would like to protect them from brake dust tho.
    where did u get the poorboys wheel wax from tom?

Next up - remap,exhaust

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    Polished bliss sell Poorboys wheel sealant'

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...nt-wheels.html

Like many others I can't recommend the P bliss team enough
    Martin.

Polished Bliss

Status
    Sorry for the delayed reply, crazy workload at the moment and not getting on as much as usual! Okay, with polished wheels, the choice of cleaner and protectant is critical, as some products can damage polished surfaces. I'd strongly suggest a pH neutral gel for regular cleaning duties, and either Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel or Blackfire Wheel & Tyre Gel are good choices that are 100% safe for use on polished rims. When it comes to the protection, I'd suggest that Poorboys Wheel Sealant is a good choice, but that Blackfire All Metal Sealant is even better, as its designed to protect polished surfaces in high temperature situations, meaning it withstands brake dust very well!

Status
    thanks for your help guys.i was looking at the blackfire range recently as i've heard it's great for dark metallic cars which mine is and i don't think the meguirs products i have bring it out as much as it should!
    I was looking at the blackfire kit you sell at polished bliss WX51TXR would you recommend this?
    i have a dark metallic blue car?
    i will also be looking at ordering the blackfire all metal sealant you recommended for my wheels too,can you recommend a good ph neutral wheel gel?
    i'm basically looking into buying a whole new range of cleaning products for my car,if you could recommend some products i'd be most grateful
    dark blue metallic paint
    black bumper trims etc
    leather interior
    polished face alloy wheels
    few pics if there of any help mate

thanks for any help/recommendations in advance

Next up - remap,exhaust

Polished Bliss

Status
    Hi mate, sorry for the tardy reply, been offline for a week whilst doing a Ne Plus Ultra detail and show. On your colour paint, the Blackfire kit would look extremely good, offering a quality balance between wetness/gloss and flake pop/sharpness. For your leather I'd suggest the Raceglaze Leather Care Kit is unbeatable, while for the wheel cleaner, either Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel or Blackfire Wheel & Tyre Gel are good choices that are 100% safe for use on polished rims. Finally, for black bumper trims I'd suggest Gloss It T.R.V. Hope that helps!

Status
    nice 1 i'll give those a try,will probably be ordering from your site at the end of the week,do you offer forum discount?

Next up - remap,exhaust

Polished Bliss

Status
    Nope, just a generic 5% off if you soend over 100 in a single transaction. This ensures a level playing field for everyone that buys from us.

Status
    ok mate, sounds fair enough i might add a few other little bits to those products anyways

Next up - remap,exhaust