polished finish wheels

ROLTYA3TURBO

essex boy :)
Reaction score
hi guys,i got my new wheels yesterday and there now on the car.they are 18inch rs4 in a polished face finish with grey inserts.i've never owned a set of polished alloys before and was wondering what the best product to clean it with would be?also what could i use to help protect the finish?
thanks in advance
:)

persoanlly i use Meguiars Wheel brightener to clean them, Autosmart Tardis to remove tar spots. I then use any old polish to get them clean and prep'd and then use a few layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealant to protect them.

Sonus Wheelbrite and poorboys is what I use ;)

Sonus Wheelbrite and poorboys is what I use ;)

i used meg's gold class shampoo for the car and wheels then dried them,polished them with meg's quick detailer come up lovely would like to protect them from brake dust tho.
where did u get the poorboys wheel wax from tom?

Sorry for the delayed reply, crazy workload at the moment and not getting on as much as usual! Okay, with polished wheels, the choice of cleaner and protectant is critical, as some products can damage polished surfaces. I'd strongly suggest a pH neutral gel for regular cleaning duties, and either Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel or Blackfire Wheel & Tyre Gel are good choices that are 100% safe for use on polished rims. When it comes to the protection, I'd suggest that Poorboys Wheel Sealant is a good choice, but that Blackfire All Metal Sealant is even better, as its designed to protect polished surfaces in high temperature situations, meaning it withstands brake dust very well! :yes:

thanks for your help guys.i was looking at the blackfire range recently as i've heard it's great for dark metallic cars which mine is and i don't think the meguirs products i have bring it out as much as it should!
I was looking at the blackfire kit you sell at polished bliss WX51TXR would you recommend this?
i have a dark metallic blue car?
i will also be looking at ordering the blackfire all metal sealant you recommended for my wheels too,can you recommend a good ph neutral wheel gel?
i'm basically looking into buying a whole new range of cleaning products for my car,if you could recommend some products i'd be most grateful :)
dark blue metallic paint
black bumper trims etc
leather interior
polished face alloy wheels
few pics if there of any help mate
2009-06-26173548.jpg

2009-06-26173511.jpg

2009-06-26173615.jpg

2009-05-09162001.jpg

thanks for any help/recommendations in advance :)

Hi mate, sorry for the tardy reply, been offline for a week whilst doing a Ne Plus Ultra detail and show. On your colour paint, the Blackfire kit would look extremely good, offering a quality balance between wetness/gloss and flake pop/sharpness. For your leather I'd suggest the Raceglaze Leather Care Kit is unbeatable, while for the wheel cleaner, either Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel or Blackfire Wheel & Tyre Gel are good choices that are 100% safe for use on polished rims. Finally, for black bumper trims I'd suggest Gloss It T.R.V. Hope that helps! :icon_thumright:

nice 1 :icon_thumright: i'll give those a try,will probably be ordering from your site at the end of the week,do you offer forum discount? :moa:

Nope, just a generic 5% off if you soend over £100 in a single transaction. This ensures a level playing field for everyone that buys from us. :sm4:

ok mate, sounds fair enough i might add a few other little bits to those products anyways:)