Polished Bliss: Black RS4, Project Awesome & Moody Skies

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Blimey, two details in a month... anyone would think I’ve got spare time on my hands! This RS4 was originally corrected by Clark back in January this year, and unsurprisingly this time round only a simple protection detail was required to refresh the finish. Once again, I hadn’t planned to take any pictures, but the quality of the final finish tempted me, as did the angry looking sky outside...

Process

1. Wheels and tyres cleaned with Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel (neat) plus Wheel Back Brushes and Meguiars Microfibre Wash Mitt.
2. Engine bay and door shuts cleaned with Eimann Fabrik Engine Degreaser and Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brushes.
3. Whole exterior foamed with Meguiars APC at 60oC, then rinsed at pressure, then hand washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and lambswool wash mitts.
4. Whole exterior then treated with Autosmart Tardis to remove all bonded organic contaminants (tar spots, tree sap, bug remains, etc).
5. Whole exterior then clayed with Gloss It Clay Bar Mild, using just water as the lubricant. After a final rinse, the whole exterior was then blown dry with our new Black Baron Vehicle Dryer.
6. After taping off all trims with 3M Masking Tape, a single coat of our new sealant beta (Project Awesome) was machined on using a G220 fitted with a Lake Country Gold Finishing Pad - speed 5 was used, to really work the beta into the paint until almost dry, then the residue was left for an hour to allow further curing time before being buffed off.
7. A single coat of Gloss It Concorso Gloss was then applied by hand using a Gloss It applicator pad, and left to cure for an hour before being buffed off. The bodywork was then wiped down with Gloss It Gloss Enhancer to remove any smears.
8. The glass was then cleansed and sealed using a beta version of Werkstat's new glass sealing kit, which will be available later this year.
9. The wheels were then sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant, and the tyres dressed with 3 x Gloss It Signature Tyre Gloss.
10. The exhaust tip was then polished with Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh and sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Metal Sealant.
11. The engine bay was dressed with 303 Aersospace Protectant, the interior was wiped down with Meguiars APC, the interior plastics were dressed with Werkstat Satin Prot and the leather finally fed with Raceglaze Leather Balm.

Results

The following images are as recorded by the camera, save for resizing, minor levels adjustments and a 50% unsharp mask (i.e. the usual treatment all of our images get)...

200609rs4a.jpg

200609rs4b.jpg

200609rs4c.jpg

200609rs4d.jpg

200609rs4e.jpg

200609rs4f.jpg

200609rs4h.jpg

200609rs4i.jpg

...and the following images have been heavily modified in photoshop (levels, desaturation, HDR style effects, selective colour adjustments, shadow compensation, etc) so take them as a pinch of salt in terms of accurately representing the finish, but enjoy them anyway!

200609rs4g.jpg

200609rs4j.jpg

200609rs4k.jpg

200609rs4l.jpg

200609rs4m.jpg

:icon_thumright:

The outside shots are just awesome! Really nice photography there. Good work as always :o.k:

That's some quality photochopping there matey!

Great detailing and some fantastic shots :o.k: