Meguiars G220 vs Kestral DAS-6

LDoR

likes his V6
Reaction score
Simple question really, what is the difference between these two apart from the price. I would assume that the G220 is the best given its premium, but is it that much better. Is one easier to use than the other.

Thanks

The Kestrel DAS-6 has an almost identical design to the G220, and the same features, including a fully variable speed controller. The key difference between the two units is the quality of the materials used - the G220 features soft touch casing materials, while the Kestrel used cheaper rigid plastic casing materials. Other than that, there is very little to choose between them, and they both come with a 1 year warranty. Me personally, for home use only I would choose the Kestrel and save some money. :icon_thumright:

I've seen that you can get a kestral with a handle similar to that on the 220, i.e. goes over the top of the unit rather than on the side of the unit as shown in the pictures on your site. Do you sell the version of the kestral with that handle?

No; we recommend that the handles aren't used on any of the dual action style machines anyway - you get a much better feel of the machine and what it is doing if you hold it by the head instead. :icon_thumright:

hi all had my das-6 now for just over 3 weeks. It's amazing!

Love it. I bought one from the kestral rep direct . . . ish. I was in the right place at the right time, but for £76 quid including VAT I aint complaining.

results are amazing, in fact there are some pics of the cars I have done on here.

Love it. And I'm aloso slightly in love with 3M ultrafina too.