I think this might be the first time I've shown off the VTS on here. We've had it for 15 months now, and although we bought it as a sharer, it's ended up as my daily driver as Angela needed another set of wheels to get her to and from university, as she's now doing a part time degree! Despite being quite a nice little run around, I've yet to fall in love with the VTS - I still miss my old Leon too much. As a result of this, and being rushed off my feet most of the time, I spend relatively little time detailing it, but needs must and all that, so here is the result of a long overdue 'sping' detail...
Process (no process pics, and no in depth write up, as it was a simple one day detail, but products listed for those that like to know what I used)
1. Wheels and tyres cleaned with Gloss It Signature Wheel Gel cut 4:1 and EZ Detail Brush, Wheel Back Brush and Meguiars Microfibre Wash Mitt.
2. Engine bay and door shuts cleaned with Eimann Fabrik Engine Degreaser and Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brushes.
3. Whole exterior foamed with R222 Total Auto Wash at 60oC, then rinsed at high pressure, then hand washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and lambswool wash mitts.
4. Whole exterior then treated with Autosmart Tardis to remove all bonded organic contaminants (tar spots, tree sap, bug remains, etc).
5. Whole exterior then clayed with Gloss It Clay Bar Mild, using just water as the lubricant. After a final rinse, the whole exterior was then blown dry with a leaf blower.
6. After taping off all trims with 3M Masking Tape, a single coat of our new sealant beta (Project Awesome) was machined on using a G220 fitted with a Lake Country Gold Finishing Pad - speed 5 was used, to really work the beta into the paint until almost dry, then the residue was left for an hour to allow further curing time.
7. After an hour, the residue was then buffed off, and the bodywork wiped down with Gloss It Gloss Enhancer to remove any smears.
8. The glass was then cleansed and sealed using a beta version of Werkstat's new glass sealing kit, which will be available later this year.
9. The wheels were then sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant, and the tyres dressed with 3 x Gloss It Signature Tyre Gloss.
10. The exhaust tip was then polished with Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh and sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Metal Sealant.
11. The engine bay was dressed with 303 Aersospace Protectant, and the interior was given a quick once over, finishing with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing as I like the look and smell it imparts on hard plastic interiors.
Results (all images taken on my Nikon D300, fitted with 16-85 VR lens, Nikon polariser used for the outdoor images, all images resized in Photoshop, only adjustments made were levels work to correct slightly off exposures)