Polished Bliss vs Nissan GTR Black Edition

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Yet another one done by Clark, this time last weekend...

---

This was the second weekend in a row I had to work, but seeing as it was one of these I wasn’t too bothered...

C1.jpg

We had seen the car when it was only a couple of days old and the dealer prep was less than impressive, the owner hadn’t washed it since - too busy enjoying it no doubt!

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

Pre-foam first, with R222 through the lance @ 60 degrees:

C6.jpg

Left to dwell for a few minutes:

C7.jpg

Then rinsed off at high pressure:

C8.jpg

The wheels were soaked with Gloss-It Wheel and Tyre Gel (3:1) and left for 3 or 4 minutes:

C9.jpg

They were then agitated with all the various brushes and then rinsed:

C10.jpg

I then followed up by cleaning the tyres and arches with Meguiars Super Degreaser (4:1):

C11.jpg

All exterior trim/badges/shuts etc were sprayed with APC (4:1) then agitated before being rinsed:

C12.jpg

C13.jpg

Last job before the mitt wash was to get as much of the bug splatter off the front end as possible, using Poorboys Bug Squash:

C14.jpg

This was sprayed on, left for 5 mins then rinsed off. The two bucket wash with shampoo plus followed and I then removed some minor tar spots with Autosmart Tardis and rinsed the car off for a final time.

Now inside, I clayed the car with Meguiars Mild:

C16.jpg

Not too bad but enough for a car only a few weeks old.

I then pat dried the car with a deep pile drying towel...

C17.jpg

...and applied the first of 3 coats of Gloss-It Signature Tyre Gloss:

C18.jpg

Paint readings were consistently healthy:

C19.jpg

C20.jpg

Now some pics of the defects. Fair enough the paint is solid black and pretty damn soft but the dealer prep was still poor, with alot of RIDS present:

C21.jpg

C22.jpg

C23.jpg

C24.jpg

C25.jpg

C26.jpg

C27.jpg

C28.jpg

It took a good hour and a half for me to settle on a polish and pad combination. Due to the car only being in for a 2 day Minor Correction (exterior only) I had to find something which would achieve the desired correction but finish down in one go without micro-marring (nothing with the rotary would finish down 100% buffer trail free) and this wasn’t the easiest thing with the paint being so soft and easily marked.

In the end I found a mix of Meguiars 205 and Menzerna FPII on a Menzerna Finishing Pad with the G220 worked well, although a lot of panels needed a second hit to remove some of the deeper RIDS:

C29.jpg

This produced a nice sharp finish though:

C30.jpg

C31.jpg

C32.jpg

C33.jpg

C34.jpg

C35.jpg

C36.jpg

C37.jpg

N/S wing before:

C38.jpg

After:

C39.jpg

Whilst giving the engine a quick wipe down I noticed this sticker under the bonnet, I can’t help but think Nissan are taking the **** here - hard clear?!

C40.jpg

Once all the polishing was done, I carefully removed all the dust with a new lambswool duster and then gave the paintwork a wipe down with Top Inspection (Hated this step as I was paranoid about marring the finish!).

For LSP, I wanted to apply something that was as easy to apply and buff off as possible for the owner to maintain, so Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was chosen - the fact that it looks great on black was a bonus!

I applied it with the G220 and a Lake Country Gold pad to make the buffing off stage just that little bit easier:

C41.jpg

The tighter areas were done by hand:

C42.jpg

I then buffed off after approx 20 minutes:

C43.jpg

The tailpipes were polished up with Brilliant Metal Polish:

C44.jpg

C45.jpg

They were then protected with Blackfire Metal Sealant, as were the wheels:

C46.jpg

Guess I better show you the afters now!

C52.jpg

C56.jpg

C55.jpg

C54.jpg

C47.jpg

C48.jpg

C49.jpg

C50.jpg

C51.jpg

C53.jpg

C57.jpg

C58.jpg

C60.jpg

C59.jpg

C71.jpg

C70.jpg

C69.jpg

C67.jpg

C63.jpg

C65.jpg

C64.jpg

C62.jpg

C66.jpg

C61.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Clark

Guys that is spectacular yet again, I'm remotely accessing my desktop from Italy & viewing this & even with lower res screen viewing I can see how ****** good it is, why oh why cant we have some a PB with doubles of you down south, lol, brilliant, very nice work & never fails to amaze me.

Great wetness from Blackfire's Richard. Amazing the amount of swirls from a fairly new car though.

The third black car write up in a row! I have seen a few GTR's about of late - never a black edition though. Lovely job :icon_thumright:

Clark's not around to answer right now, but my best guess is that he used Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner; it has a multitude of uses, and as a result he uses it a lot inside and out! :yes:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the info, I thought it probably would be. Just ordered some along with a few other bits (Order number C59AG20011515)

Adam

I hope you asked to go for a spin! lol.
Good work!