Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Another pair done by Clark recently...

---

Yet another Porsche with sticky paint!

C1.jpg

I last saw this car almost exactly a year ago to the day where it received a wax top up after a correction detail around 18 months ago and this time it was in for a few days to tidy up the paintwork, etc.

Got to love Ceramic brakes, they should be standard on all cars - they just don’t give off any brake dust at all!

C2.jpg

As always, pre-foam was first - using Hyper Wash through the lance @ 50 degrees:

C5.jpg

After rinsing off at high pressure, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the coat of Vintage applied 12 months ago was still there, even more surprising as the car is driven regularly and has had trips to Germany and back. The owner had clearly been maintaining the finish extremely well (not using too much shampoo or overly hot water, etc)...

C6.jpg

C7.jpg

Say what you like when it comes to the looks of high-end waxes versus lower end ones but try getting durability like that from a £40 wax!

The wheels were pretty clean already but I still gave them a going over with Gloss-It wheel gel (4:1) to make sure they were 100% clean:

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

There were just a few tar spots remaining which were removed with Tardis later on in the wash stage:

C10.jpg

My camera batteries were then put on charge so no more pictures until the correction stage but the car was washed in the usual manner as most of my other details.

Defect wise, the paint was in very good condition with little in the way of swirling but the odd random scuff and scratch picked up over the last year or so:

C11.jpg

C12.jpg

Due to the sticky paint I went straight for Gloss-It One Step Machine Polish with a drop of EVP Pad Prime and a Gloss-It Light Cut Pad:

C16.jpg

This breaks down perfectly on sticky clears...

C17.jpg

Leaves a nice finish too, this is after a Top Inspection wipe down:

C18.jpg

C19.jpg

C15.jpg

The black plastic panels on the roof edges are stupidly soft so are easily marked:

C20.jpg

Due to the fragile abrasives contained, I used Menzerna FPII with a Menzerna Polishing Pad to correct these:

C23.jpg

Then back to Gloss-It for the pillars:

C22.jpg

For the bumpers, I used a Menz 80mm Polishing Pad and Menz 203S:

C24.jpg

C26.jpg

C27.jpg

C28.jpg

C25.jpg

Unfortunately the car had picked up a nasty ding in the rear 1/4:

C13.jpg

I didn’t think it would come out but Martin at Dent Devils happily proved me wrong, managing to get 99% of it out - top man!

C14.jpg

Once polishing was complete, the duster was used to remove any light dust:

C29.jpg

Vintage was then applied by applicator pad and buffed off approx 15 mins later:

C30.jpg

Wheels were sealed with Blackfire Metal Sealant:

C31.jpg

Tyres were dressed with Gloss-It and the exterior trims were done with Gloss-It TRV.

Tailpipes were polished with Brilliant Metal Polish:

C32.jpg

The interior was also fully detailed and the exterior glass was treated with the new Werkstat Glass Sealant System soon to be released :thumb:

Wekstat Carnauba Glos was used for the final wipe down and here are the final pics of what is one of the best looking 911's I have the pleasure of looking after.

C33.jpg

C34.jpg

Engine before:

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

After:

C35.jpg

C36.jpg

C37.jpg

C38.jpg

C39.jpg

C40.jpg

C41.jpg

C42.jpg

C43.jpg

C44.jpg

C45.jpg

C46.jpg

C47.jpg

C48.jpg

C51.jpg

C50.jpg

C52.jpg

And here are a few of this rather nice GT3 done last week, corrected with Gloss-It Extreme Cut and Evolution Polish, finished with Vintage...

CGM9.jpg

CGM8.jpg

CGM7.jpg

CGM6.jpg

CGM5.jpg

CGM4.jpg

CGM3.jpg

CGM20.jpg

CGM2.jpg

CGM19.jpg

CGM18.jpg

CGM17.jpg

CGM16.jpg

CGM15.jpg

CGM.jpg

CGM1.jpg

CGM10.jpg

CGM11.jpg

CGM12.jpg

CGM13.jpg

CGM14.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Clark

I love the GT3 ;)

Funny you say that 997 is "One of the best looking Porsches you look after" - I can't help thinking no 911 looks right without the rear spoiler :tapedshut:

EDIT: What did you use for the engine in the 997? came up amazing :cool: