Water marks & stone chips how too...

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
you get rid of them?

I have a Phantom Black S3 and have looked after it well, been detailed by Gleaming clean once last year, but have just got it back from the repair shop (read my I ran out of talent thread!) and noticed a lot of little white dots mostly front of bonnet but some on the side skirt drivers side rear bad enough to notice when waxed.

Also on the bonnet are water marks which I need to get rid of, and want the best way to do this?

Can you help?

Andy

Chances are the excess of stone chips has been exposed by the bodyshop's use of a crappy polish which has effectively filled all of the little chips with a heap of white residue - they will have been there before, but less noticeably so. You could try cleaning them out by doing a strong exterior wash with an exterior all purpose cleaner and a power washer pre-rinse. To repair them, I would suggest buying an Audi touch up stick kit and an artists paint brush. I would then use the artists brush to touch a tiny little bit of colour into the base of each chip - this will not correct them perfectly, but will make them far less noticeable. The water mark etching should polish out - might be an idea to get Jay to do this next time he's in to detail the car for you? Other option is to polish the bonnet by hand using Menzerna Intensive Polish and a Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pad; this will require a fair effort, but is a viable option of the water mark etching is light. :icon_thumright: