Meguiars Gold Class or Swissvax Best of Show?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Simple question really, I've always used the Meguiars stuff on my Brilliant Black S3, but I only do it once in a blue moon, as I hardly drive the thing anyways. But last Xmas, I got some Swissvax Best of Show as a present, and doing some light research, it's not cheap!

So which should I apply to my car for best results? I've also been told the Best of Show stuff works on plastic too with no white marks, so leaning towards that, but would still like a second opinion.

Thanks.

You're compairing two very different products there, the Megs costs £15 and the Swissvax costs £135.

From everything I've read a wax's look is in the eye of the beholder, ease of use, durability, and longevity are different matters though.

Every wax seems to have its fans and detractors, trial and error seems to be the way to go, but like you, I don't fancy spending £135 to find out that I don't like it. Some companies have samples available for a small cost to cover postage and to sop 1000's of people asking for some. I've got a sample of Raceglaze '55 waiting to go on my A3.

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/signature-wax.html

This is like asking "should I drive a 1.1 Fiesta today, or, my Stage1 Audi S3?!" HMMMMMM!!

It's a no brainer to me. However. I do not know the differences RE science/make-up and durability of the wax.

I've only ever heard good things about it. Pricey, yes.

Try a 50/50 section on your bonnet, jojo. Cleanse the paint to rid all old wax - apply Gold Class to half, and then SV BoS on the other. See if theres any differences.

Yes yes, I always knew there would be the price/quality comparison, how does one rid a panel of it's wax totally?, I had the car detailed last year and it has a coat of the good stuff(Carnuba?) which is beading the water away still. Guess I'm more interested which will give me the better shine/finish... I'll probably just go for the BoS stuff since I now have it to see if it's worth the money lol

If the car was previously detailed, and the old wax is still going strong and looking good, why not just top up with the BOS? The Gold Class is poor in comparison, and is not worthy of further consideration given that you have BOS sat on the shelf. With summer coming, getting 2-3 layers of BOS put on over the next month or so will see you through the summer perfectly. :icon_thumright: