Audi corrosion Nightmare....Help!!!....

Englishguy

Reaction score
Can any one tell me if Audi carryout a corrosion inpection when being in for service ? if so is it recorded anyware ?. I think it's clear to say that Audi don't make it easy to make a claim under there 12 year corrosion warranty. I think i am going to need all the help that you guys maybe able to offer.
The reason I am going on a tangent is I have purchased a Audi A3 04my and have noticed corrosion to the bottom of the drivers door. A local Audi dealer has told me it isn't covererd as the corrosion has been left too long i.e neglect. I am livid and need a backup plan ...Please help.

I have a 02 Audi and it went for warranty work last year as the roof rails had not even visible corrosion so I would ask for detailed inspection,no they would not inspect your bodywork during a service and even if it is bad its a 12 year warranty on the bodywork so an explanation is needed.

today i went to Audi for a corrosion inspection as my back arch is a little dodgy and a small bleb on the roof anyway he took it in and when he came back said do you want the good or bad news, bad was that the car is not covered by the warranty because its had a little spray in the back quarter and in the small print it says for the warranty to work the car must not have been touched at all by any other garage only audi, good news was someone will do it out side of work for £150

I would suggest visiting a decent independent bodyshop for an inspection, to determine and verify the cause of the corrosion. Armed with this information, I would then approach Audi UK for their official view on the problem. As long as the car has not been repainted at any point since new, as I understand it the warranty should stand. :yes: