Best Leather Clearner for A4 1.8T black interrior

• Thread starter imported_bpascua
  • Start date
I

imported_bpascua

Hello,

I have just purchased an 96 A4 1.8T sport with a black leather interior - at the moment its quite shinny, whats the best thing to treat the leather with? is the autoglym stuff ok?

Cheers

Brian

Autoglym leather cleaner is pretty good. Used it on mine no problems.

The Meguires Gold Class leather cleaner is also good, I've been using it for a while now. Normally I use a wet cloth to apply it, makes it a little easier.

I just use baby wipes...........treat leather like skin as it is.

Halfords sell Leather wipes (Their own make and also some other make) which are very easy to use.

I used to use Autoglym but it used to take ages!

And I used to get loads of dust!

With these you just wipe on and let them dry!

I think they are about £3

Similar to wet wipes and it says that they condition the leather!

Meguiars is the best so far for silver leather, you can see the difference. The others tend to just soften the leather and don't remove any stains

audi's own leather stuff is really good, and comes in a cool lookin bottle

Although the Meguairs stuff claims not to change the surface properties, it made my interior a little darker with a definate sheen...

I've just got some new stuff called Liquid Leather for my interior. It's from a company called Gliptone and their website is www.liquidleather.com
Not used it myself but my mates have and it is superb. I got the cleaner and conditioner for £12.65 and I may also buy the scuff master as I have a very small scuff on the edge of the drivers bolster.

I'll let you know how I get on but I may not get a chance until I'm on holiday during the second week in Sep.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

have been selling leather cleaners for 20 years
to clean leather use a bar of soap and luke warm water + clean cloth, it will clean the leather. you only use creams
after the leather is dry, the creams put back the oil that you have removed with the soap, + stops the leather cracking

[ QUOTE ]
No_Slo_Jo said:
I've just got some new stuff called Liquid Leather for my interior. It's from a company called Gliptone and their website is www.liquidleather.com
Not used it myself but my mates have and it is superb. I got the cleaner and conditioner for £12.65 and I may also buy the scuff master as I have a very small scuff on the edge of the drivers bolster.

I'll let you know how I get on but I may not get a chance until I'm on holiday during the second week in Sep.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for this stuff, great cleaner and cream conditioner. puts that lovely leather smell back in too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I also use the zymol leather treat stuff, has beef collagen and banana moisturing extracts and oils /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

One thing you should use is a hide food, get it from an equestrian shop, this will as Vacinc said put the neccessary oils back into the leather to give it that new matt look so it doesn't go hard and shiny and eventually crack.

I have seen old tatty sofas that have been really shiny brought back to almost new with this stuff.

And yeah just use soap and water to actually clean the leather.

I don't have an equestrian shop nearby, is there anywhere online sells this Hide Food, or am I being a real-dumb *** and it can be found like in every high-street leather coat shop??

[ QUOTE ]
gizze said:
One thing you should use is a hide food, get it from an equestrian shop, this will as Vacinc said put the neccessary oils back into the leather to give it that new matt look so it doesn't go hard and shiny and eventually crack.

I have seen old tatty sofas that have been really shiny brought back to almost new with this stuff.

And yeah just use soap and water to actually clean the leather.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you recommend any of these products?

http://www.equestrian-country.co.uk/category-91.html

Got that liquid leather yesterday - amazing, they make quality products gliptone, nothing else is even close