powder residue

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
in hard to get to places i.e. roof gutter
everytime I use resin polish I end up with powder residue in hard to get to places,can someone recommend a solution to this bar having to use an airline please.

In Halfrauds at the weekend I spotted a little tool thing made by Flash (I think) - didn't pay much attention to it but it looked about the size of a pencil with a shaped rubber end to it which is designed to be used for just what you said.

Kinda hard to explain ......

I didn't notice the price but could only be a few quid I would think.

Try a differnt polish, AG SRP does for me this so i have started using one of the better ones from Chemical Guys, Nattys etc.

In Halfrauds at the weekend I spotted a little tool thing made by Flash (I think) - didn't pay much attention to it but it looked about the size of a pencil with a shaped rubber end to it which is designed to be used for just what you said.
I didn't notice the price but could only be a few quid I would think.

I bought one today...only three quid,bristles are nylon so not sure if it is too harsh,will let you know.
Try a differnt polish, AG SRP does for me this so i have started using one of the better ones from Chemical Guys, Nattys etc.

Sacre Bleu!! deviate from my autoglym resin polish....I've had the bottle for years it is like a member of the family.

toothbrush
bristles might meen the plastic might come into contact with the paintwork in places like the door handle.

thanks for the replies

Sometimes taping up the surrounding area helps, but not everyone's cup of tea. Residue should come out in the next wash? A;ways good to have one of the soft-bristled Megs slidelock detailing brushes handy. Invaluable.

Sometimes taping up the surrounding area helps, but not everyone's cup of tea. Residue should come out in the next wash? A;ways good to have one of the soft-bristled Megs slidelock detailing brushes handy. Invaluable.

I'll have a look for one of them as this brush here is too harsh.
not washing it again after polishing or taping the nooks and crannies am not got OCD :)

Exactly what I was going to say; either a selection of soft bristled brushes and a wool duster, or else wait until the next wash and jet wash it all away. :icon_thumright: