When I'm cleaning windows

S3fan

Kiteyboy
Reaction score
I just use morrisons window cleaner. cheap and it does the job.

am I missing out on anything better?

Nah I always find kitchen roll & window cleaner does a fantastic job, really does.

When it comes to windows, a cleaner is a cleaner really.

I prefer to do a deep cleanse with say Werkstat Prime Strong, inside and out, and not only does this do a supreme job of cleaning the glass it lays a layer of sealant on them so that I only really have to use a microfibre on them. While driving in the rain, the rain just beads off the windows superbly. On the outside windows, I repeat this only about 4 times a year. Inside, only twice a year.

When it comes to windows, a cleaner is a cleaner really.

I prefer to do a deep cleanse with say Werkstat Prime Strong, inside and out, and not only does this do a supreme job of cleaning the glass it lays a layer of sealant on them so that I only really have to use a microfibre on them. While driving in the rain, the rain just beads off the windows superbly. On the outside windows, I repeat this only about 4 times a year. Inside, only twice a year.

nice one....I have some of this for my wheels, I will give it a try.

Does it matter that you use prime on the insides? I use Werkstatt.

Is this not hazardous? If not I am going to try it on the inside this week.

Does it matter that you use prime on the insides? I use Werkstatt.

Is this not hazardous? If not I am going to try it on the inside this week.

I don't apply it to the inside of the windscreen. For the very reason you've mentioned:icon_thumright:

All others inside are fine.

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try on the rest.

Hopefully weekend brings dry weather :)

I vary what I use depending on the task in hand. On relatively clean interior glass, I tend to use a nice liquid cleaner like Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision II and the two towel method advocated above - does the job very nicely in no time at all. On grubbier interior glass (including the windscreen) Werkstat Prime Strong does a much better job, but takes twice as long to apply and remove; hence why I reserve it for grubby jobs only. On exterior glass, we've recently been developing a new product line in conjunction with Werkstat, and based on the Carlack Glass Sealing Kit mentioned above. Werkstat have tweaked the formula a little to improve the performance further, and the products should be available in the UK within the next few months, along with a new Werkstat liquid glass cleaner. The performance of the glass sealing kit is going to far exceed Prime Strong on exterior glass in terms of water beading and durability. :icon_thumright:

Interesting stuff Rich. I will look out for these new products